Harmony Enterprises Warranty Policy
Below is the Harmony Enterprises Warranty Policy. Please read it in its entirety and follow any instruction regarding warranty procedure. For question regarding your Harmony Enterprises 2023 Warranty Policy, please call Harmony Customer Service at 888-474-2253.
Harmony Enterprises, Inc. warrants each new baler or compactor or OEM product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service in USA and Canada. Harmony Enterprises
Inc.’s obligation under this Warranty extends as a 3-2-1 warranty (as stated below in Section A) on all Harmony or OEM Products, with the exception of certain horizontal baler models that have a one-year parts and labor warranty (as stated in Section B) and with all equipment or OEM products sold outside of the USA or Canada (as stated in Section C).
Section A: Warranty for All Harmony Vertical Balers, Compactors, Liquid Extraction Balers, HM-60 Closed Door Manual Tie Horizontal Balers, and OEM Products, Harmony’s Warranty extends:
Three-year warranty on the structure
- Harmony is responsible for providing structural components to repair the unit. However, any labor costs would be the customer’s responsibility.
Two-year warranty on all major components
- Major components include: Cylinder, Motor, Pump, Platen, Loading Door, Unloading Door, and Chute.
Harmony is responsible for providing major components to repair the unit. However, any labor costs would be the customer’s responsibility:
One-year warranty on all other parts
- One-year for labor at the stated labor warranty rate of $85.00 per hour
Harmony does not cover consumable or wearable Consumable items include, but may not be limited to: bags, baling wire, and baling twine. Wearable parts include, but are not limited to, guides, wear pads, cubes, light bulbs, hydraulic oil, filters, chains, ejection straps, ejector assemblies, conveyor belts, fuses, and couplers.
Hour-based warranty units will be calculated based on the number of hours of operation for certain models of balers or compactors. Hour meters will be provided on each unit. Hourly calculation currently exists for the following models: T60XD, T60XDRC, S60XDRC, ExtractPack (BCB2003), ExtractPack Pro (MAX42), ExtractPack Plus (SSHB), ExtractPack Max (SSG2), and Horizontal (HM) Balers.
- *These units are hourly based or a calendar year, whichever comes
- One Year will equate to 2,080 hours
- Two Years is 4,160 hours
- Three Years is 6,240 hours
Section B: For Harmony HM-60S, HM-60NF, and All HM Auto Tie and HM Two Ram Horizontal Balers, Harmony Enterprises’ Warranty extends:
One Year, Parts, and Labor
- *These units are hourly based or a calendar year, whichever comes
- One Year will equate to 2,080 hours
Section C: For All Equipment or OEM products sold outside of the USA or Canada:
For any other location not in USA or Canada, Harmony Enterprises Inc. warrants each new baler or compactor or OEM product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service.
Harmony Enterprises Inc.’s obligation under this Warranty extends:
One-year warranty on Structure and Parts
- Harmony does not cover any labor
- Harmony does not cover any freight for shipping of parts
- Harmony does not cover consumable items
For All Warranties, Under Each Section Listed Above, Regardless of Geographic Location:
The warranty period commences at installation or 21 days from shipment, whichever comes first. The warranty period is not extended for machines stored or in transit for extended periods of time.
Replacement parts are subject to a 30-day warranty and are specifically excluded from the Warranty Parts Reimbursement Program.
- Harmony Enterprises, Inc. will only reimburse standard ground freight costs for warranty Additional costs for express services will be invoiced to the customer.
This warranty shall not apply to any baler or compactor or OEM products that have been subject to misuse, misapplication, negligence, alteration, vandalism, accident, or damage caused by acts of nature, such as moisture or condensation, or natural disaster.
This warranty shall not apply to the ExtractPack Pro (Max 42), ExtractPack Plus (Gen1), or ExtractPack (Gen2) liquid extraction balers processing any product other than individually loose aluminum or PET containers, unless otherwise authorized in writing by Harmony Enterprises, Inc.
Harmony balers, excluding our outdoor products, are designed for indoor use ONLY, if the unit is placed outside without approval from Harmony Enterprises Warranty may be VOID.
Harmony agrees to supply technical support and repairs in accordance with this warranty for work done during Harmony Enterprises’ regular business hours. For work done outside of the scope of the regular business day, it shall be the responsibility of the customer to pay the overtime costs associated with off-hours work.
For customers or locations that require certification or training of techs for their own purposes and regulations, it shall be the responsibility of the customer to pay for the certification training (if there is an associated fee) and work hours spent by the tech for any such training.
For locations and customers that require additional service technicians to be present for regulations such as fire watch or confined space requirements, it shall be the responsibility of the customer to supply such person(s) and compensate them for their labor and time.
No person, dealer, distributor, or agent has the authority to alter the terms of this warranty on behalf of Harmony Enterprises, Inc. or to represent that Harmony Enterprises, Inc. will undertake any obligation except those that are specifically set forth in the warranty.
THIS WARRANTY EXCLUDES ANY OBLIGATION BY HARMONY ENTERPRISES, INC. FOR LOSS OF PRODUCT, DOWN TIME, OR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE INCURRED.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO BALERS AND COMPACTORS MANUFACTURED BY HARMONY ENTERPRISES, INC. AND IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Harmony Enterprises will support our products by providing parts, manuals, and technical support for 20 years after the manufacture date, with the exception of our Horizontal HM-60, HM-A160, HM-2R185 Balers, which shall have parts, manuals, and technical support for 10 years. For any Harmony product that is older than these designated time allotments, Harmony Enterprises is not responsible for providing parts, manuals or technical support and will not warranty them. All parts sales are final, with no refunds or exchanges.
However, for any Harmony product that is older than these designated time allotments, Harmony Enterprises is committed to helping and will try to provide a solution to your questions
Warranty Parts Reimbursement Program
Parts determined to repair the unit will be shipped to the customer, and failed parts are required to be returned to Harmony Enterprises, Inc. If the failed part is required to be returned, the customer will be invoiced for the replacement part. Upon receipt of the failed part, it will be tested. If the part is determined to be defective, the invoice for the part will be credited to the customer. All failed parts that are to be returned must be received at Harmony Enterprises, Inc. within 30 days of the reported failure.
- Harmony Enterprises, Inc. will only reimburse standard ground freight cost for warranty replacement parts. Additional costs for express services will be invoiced to the
Warranty Labor and Travel Reimbursement Program
The labor rate for warranty repairs is $85.00 per hour for one person. If Harmony Enterprises, Inc. determines that the repair requires two people, the rate for the second person is $85.00. Without prior authorization from Harmony Enterprises, Inc., the labor reimbursement only covers one service person. Travel rate to location is $85.00 per hour and max travel that Harmony will pay is three (3) hrs.
The customer is required to provide Harmony Enterprises, Inc. with an itemized invoice or work order of all work performed within 15 days, including work provided by outside service companies. The invoice or work order will not be processed unless it contains a signature of the customer, the model and serial number of the unit, Request for Warranty number, labor and mileage breakdown, description of work performed and location of unit.
In cases of failure of equipment, which may require repair by welding, re-welding, or fabrication of additional steel, the customer shall again be required to obtain prior approval of method and procedure by Harmony Enterprises, Inc., and also a prior agreement on amount of allowance. Failure to comply with this procedure will result in rejection of the warranty claim and void the warranty coverage.
No claims will be allowed for loss of hydraulic oil except in the cases in which the failure of a component clearly indicated the loss of a major portion of the oil in the unit. No claim for hydraulic oil will exceed the capacity of the power unit. The allowance for oil shall not exceed $8.00 per U.S. gallon. No warranty will be made for replacement, which our inspection shows not to be defective.
Proper maintenance and repair are essential for the safe and reliable operation of Harmony Enterprises, Inc. balers and compactors. The operating instructions are not intended as a substitute for training and experience in the proper use and safety procedure in operating this equipment. Anyone who uses service procedures or tools, which are not recommended by Harmony Enterprises, Inc., assumes all risk to person, equipment, and property.
Only factory original replacement parts or equivalent should be used to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Harmony Enterprises, Inc. will only reimburse standard ground freight cost for warranty Additional costs for express services will be invoiced to the customer.
Failure to comply with all procedures listed above will void warranty claims.
The Harmony Warranty Form must be filled out, signed and returned to Harmony Enterprises, at 704 Main Avenue North, Harmony, MN 55939 or faxed to (507) 886-6706 or emailed to [email protected] within 10 days of installation prior to activating the warranty. If the Harmony warranty form is not completed, signed, and returned within this time frame, this warranty offer may be void.
It is the responsibility of Harmony Enterprises, Inc.’s Customer to install the compactor or baler in conformity with current ANSI standards, as well as any applicable codes and regulations. Failure of Harmony Enterprises, Inc.’s Customer, or their representative, to be on site at the time of equipment start-up shall void any labor and mileage obligation under this warranty. IMPORTANT: Harmony Enterprises, Inc. furnishes with each compactor or baler with an Operating and Service Manual and electrical schematic for the unit.
- Harmony Enterprises Inc.’s Customer must train authorized operators in safe methods and use of the equipment.
- All manuals should be retained for future reference and
- In the event of failure of a component of the product, the Customer must Contact Harmony Enterprises, Inc. Customer Service Department within 48 hours, providing at that time, a description of the problem, the model and serial number of the
- Important- No claims will be accepted for normal pre or post-delivery inspection, lubrication, or adjustments. All units are inspected and adjusted before shipment, but the shipping process can loosen fittings and possibly change adjustments. The time involved in the pre or post-delivery inspection and adjustment must be part of the installation charge to the owner.
- Any damage inflicted on the machine due to faulty installation by the customer or the assigned representative performing the installation will not be covered under Harmony Enterprises, Inc.’s warranty policy.
- The warranty on electrical motors covers only failure due to defects in material or workmanship. Power surges, low voltage, loss of phases, improper connection to power source, or the use of a phase converter will void this warranty.
- Consumables are excluded from this warranty. These include, but are not limited to bags, baling wire, and baling twine.
- Wearable parts are also excluded from this warranty. These include, but are not limited to, guides, wear pads, cubes, light bulbs, hydraulic oil, filters, chains, ejection straps, ejector assemblies, conveyor belts, fuses, and couplers.
Request for Warranty procedure
Request for Warranty Number (RFW #) serves as Harmony Enterprises, Inc. tracking number for each warranty claim. This RFW # is required on all documentation for warranty claims. The RFW # will allow cross- referencing of returned parts, claim information, service invoices, and credits issued for warranty service and parts. Only one RFW # will be assigned per warranty claim.
Returned Material Authorization (RMA#) serves as Harmony Enterprises, Inc. tracking number for a returned part. This RMA # is required on all documentation for return. The RMA # will allow cross-referencing of returned parts, claim information, service invoices, and credits issued for returned parts.
A Returned Authorization Form is to be sent with all returned parts. Once returned parts are verified by Harmony’s receiving department, the Returned Authorization Form will be forwarded to the Customer Service Department as documentation that defective parts have been returned to Harmony Enterprises, Inc.
Return Parts Procedure
- Defective or returned parts must be properly packaged and returned to Harmony Enterprises, Inc. within 30 days of replacement ship date.
- A Returned Authorization Form must be sent with parts to Harmony Enterprises, Inc.’s Customer Service Department.
- No credit will be issued by Harmony Enterprises, Inc. for parts or the labor to replace parts not returned as indicated above (within 30 days), unless previously agreed upon by Harmony Enterprises, Inc.’s Customer Service
- RFW # and/or RMA #’s must be included on Returned Authorization
Warranty Claim Procedure:
- Customers must contact Harmony Enterprises, Inc. for RFW # as soon as circumstances
- All documentation submitted must reference this RFW#.
- Harmony strongly suggests that service is done by Harmony Customer Service. However, if not done by Harmony Customer Service, the Customer is responsible to notify Service Company of the RFW #.
- Service companies are also required to reference RFW # on all invoices to Harmony Enterprises, Inc. Failure to include this information will delay processing and payment of service invoices and warranty claims.
- Harmony is only responsible for paying based off the warranty labor and travel reimbursement program.
- If there is a repeat issue on the same equipment, and Harmony Customer Service was not utilized, the warranty will be voided.
- After service has been performed, the customer is required to send all Customer Service requested supporting documentation to Harmony Enterprises, Inc. within 30 days of service date.
- Once defective parts (if any) have been received by Harmony Enterprises, Inc., the claim will be evaluated and verified by the Customer Service Department. Upon the evaluation of the claim, if information is found to be incomplete, the customer will be contacted, and claim held until all necessary information is received. Failure to provide all information in 30 days may result in denial of claim.
- ALL defective parts are required to be returned to Harmony Enterprises unless notified.
- Warranty claims will be approved or denied as deemed appropriate by the Harmony Enterprises, Customer Service Department. If approved, credit will be issued to the customer. If denied, the customer will be notified of reason for denial. The approval/denial process will be completed by Harmony Enterprises, Inc. Customer Service Department within 30 days of receipt of returned warranty parts (if any) and all supporting documentation.