Congratulations on your purchase of Harmony equipment! Don’t forget baler and compactor preventive maintenance!
Baler & compactor Preventive Maintenance
Regularly scheduled maintenance is critical for the long productive service life expected from your baler or compactor. Failure to properly maintain your equipment leads to added repair costs, extended downtime, and safety concerns.
Preventive Maintenance Plans are available on all Harmony Enterprises’ equipment. They are an extremely affordable and convenient way to ensure the long life and reliability of your investment.
To learn about what is included in the preventive maintenance plans on our balers and compactors, please click the link above.
What You Can Do: Your regularly scheduled baler and compactor maintenance should include the following items:
All repair work should be done by trained service personnel. Contact us at 888-474-2253 (if you live in the U.S.) or 507-886-6666 (If you live outside the U.S.) for instructions on how to proceed when you suspect repairs are needed.
- Note the Lock-Out/Tag-Out Procedure in the Safety Section
- Never enter the chamber. Do not put hands or feet in or near the chamber when the machine is in operation. Always disconnect power before servicing machine and place a sign on baler stating “UNDER REPAIR DO NOT USE”.
- It is the responsibility of the employer whose employees are engaged in installing, repairing, adjusting, inspecting, operating, or maintaining the equipment to develop, document, and implement a policy and procedure for locking/tagging out any potentially hazardous energy source. This is of paramount importance and must be completed before any work is done to the equipment.
- Before servicing or entering any part of your equipment, be sure that all sources of potentially hazardous energy have been fully removed. Lock-Out / Tag-Out procedures must be in accordance with OHSA and ANSI requirements.
- Before entering the baler chamber for service, be sure that the platen is securely supported. At minimum use two wooden 4” by 4” beams in good condition. Cut each beam to fit snug in each rear corner of the chamber.
- Never climb on the sides of baler. Use a ladder or platform if the area you need to service cannot be reached from ground level.