Cardboard Balers By Harmony
Cardboard Balers come in all shapes and sizes. The one you need for your business depends on the size of your product, your throughput, and the size and weight of the bale you intend to make.
Harmony Enterprises manufactures 16 different models of vertical balers and horizontal balers for businesses all across the world. Each model of cardboard baler by Harmony has a specific standard feature or options that allow it to perform at its best, in each specific application.
There are many benefits to using a cardboard baler for your business:
- Save time and money on employees breaking down boxes
- Increase safety and reduce hazards in your work area
- Reduce waste expenses for cardboard removal
- Improve the environment by eliminating your cardboard from the landfill
- Create a new revenue stream for your business from recycling proceeds
Choosing A Cardboard Baler
While this might seem like a daunting task, there are just a few simple things you should know when choosing a cardboard baler by Harmony for your business.
Here are some things you should consider when investing in a cardboard baler by Harmony:
- Space available for the baler – its important not only to calculate the surface area (L x W) of the space, but also operational height. Many baler cylinders exceed normal ceiling height. Getting the baler into place should also be noted, as many specific shipping directions (i.e. side or standing up) and few can fit under a normal doorway. Also take into account space behind the baler to allow employees to tie the bales or clean out potential debris.
- Electrical configuration of that area – because different balers can operate with different electrical systems and sizes of motors, you may need specific electrical infrastructure to operate your baler. That can be a significant unexpected expense if you don’t consult with your professional sales person and maintenance staff in advance.
- Volume and size of cardboard you want to recycle – buying a 30″ baler for large produce boxes doesn’t make much sense as employees would have to spend time breaking them down into the loading door anyway. Be sure to match the demand of your commodity to the machine ahead of time.
Size and weight of bale you want to make – many recyclers prefer a 60″ or mill-sized bale. Most business owners prefer to maximize the bales they make to reduce time and free up storage space. Having this goal helps your efficiency, and allows you to track it, as well as your revenue gain, over time.
- Frequency at which you need to make a bale – your throughput can help determine needs like automatic cycling, feeding configurations, and cycle time.
- Who your recycler is that will pick up the bales and how much they pay per bale – its always a good idea to check this first, rather than purchase a baler only to find out that your only option is hours away and actually charges you to pick up the cardboard.
- Your budget – usually the top on everyone’s mind. The great thing is that when you purchase or lease cardboard balers by Harmony you will be getting the right solution at an affordable price for your business. If a new baler is too much of an expense, Harmony also offers quality used reconditioned balers, like our popular M60CB. These balers are in stock, come with limited warranties, and are ready for immediate delivery to your location.
What types of balers are there?
There is a cardboard baler for every product, industry, and use. Harmony Enterprises offers a full line of 14 different cardboard recycling balers. They come in both vertical and horizontal configurations, and range in size from 30″ like our M30HD all the way up to our large 60″ closed end manual tie horizontal baler, the HM-60.
Some balers, such as our M42BC, come with casters and can be wheeled through a normal-sized doorway and plugged into a single or three phase outlet. Others, like our M60MD, are made in a low profile design to work in areas that have height restrictions.
We also offer automatic cycling balers like our conveyor-fed T60XDRC that makes quick work of large volumes of products, or our open end auto tie horizontal baler, the HM-A160, that allows for auto-tying of bales with continuous throughput in larger recycling areas.
If you need help determining which cardboard baler would be best for your business, read this great blog on how to Choose the Right Harmony Baler Model. If you know you need a vertical baler for your operation, Vertical Balers By Harmony might be another helpful resource for you.
Here are some other very helpful resources:
Let Us Help You With Cardboard Balers By Harmony!
Harmony’s knowledgeable and courteous sales team will work with you to ensure that you get the right solution for your needs at an affordable price.
The true value in buying a baler comes when you receive the Lowest Total Cost of Ownership. Your baler needs to last well beyond the lifespan of the warranty and be relatively maintenance free during its life cycle. Harmony Enterprises is unique in that we offer the Lowest Total Cost of Ownership combined with Innovation and a True Partnership Approach.
Call us at (507) 886-6666 or Contact Us Today!