The philosopher Heraclitus once said, “Change is the only constant in life.” One thing you can count on as a business owner is for markets to constantly change. Business owners looking to purchase, lease, or rent a cardboard baler often start by looking at the current price per ton of cardboard to determine whether or not its a worthwhile investment. That’s not a bad approach, except that like any market, commodities markets fluctuate greatly. Right now, the value of cardboard is low compared to recent years. It might be a better idea to take an average of historical pricing to understand what the value might actually look like over time.
Constants Of Recycling Cardboard
Recycling revenue should not be the only factor used to determine ROI or value in recycling cardboard for your business.
Heraclitus was right, change is constant, but there are also several consistent benefits to recycling cardboard that you can count on, no matter what is happening in the market.
Here are just a few:
- Labor Savings: Recycling cardboard with a baler provides a significant savings in labor. It takes a lot of time to gather, break down, transport, and store used cardboard boxes. Using a baler to recycle cardboard frees up your employee’s time to allow them to work on other, more important tasks. It eliminates the time needed to break down boxes or move them from a pile in the back room to a dumpster.
- Employee Safety: Using a baler also reduces the risk of injury to your employees. Whether pulling boxes apart or cutting them with a box knife, there is an inherent danger in breaking down boxes. With a baler, employees can just insert whole boxes into the loading door, close the door, and press the down button to compact the cardboard. Employees also won’t trip on extra boxes waiting to be torn down or stored in a pile. With functions like automatic cycling and hydraulic eject systems, baling cardboard has never been easier!
- Space Savings: Balers provide space savings in your back room work areas. Space to stack goods is valuable and you don’t need to waste it with mountains of cardboard that invite vermin, fire, and other hazards into the workplace. Neat workspaces also help to improve employee morale.
- Sustainability: Every business wants to have positive branding. Part of that branding is to be recognized as a sustainability-minded company that cares about your community, its employees, and the environment. Being able to show that you recycle cardboard by not adding it to the landfill is an important first step in setting your image apart from your competitors.
- Revenue – Even if the market value of the commodity you are recycling is down, there is revenue to be earned in the form of cost savings. When you dispose of cardboard in your dumpster or compactor, you are paying for a hauler to remove it, while they most likely recycle it for revenue for themselves. If anything, you should recycle cardboard to eliminate the extra pulls or weight in your containers per month.
Constants With Harmony
Not only are there consistent benefits to recycling cardboard, there are also several things you can count on that set Harmony apart from the competition.
Harmony Enterprises prides itself on its ability to be unique in the marketplace. In business since 1962, few companies can boast of their experience manufacturing all types of balers and compactors. The fact is, Harmony is recognized for its outstanding equipment longevity. Made in the U.S.A. and built to last, our machines are constructed by master craftsman using the best quality U.S. steel.
Harmony also offers the widest range of solutions on the market. With over 40 models of balers, compactors, and liquid extraction machines, we understand that every business application is different. Our products are tailored to your needs to provide you with the most affordable and efficient solutions available. When it comes to cardboard recycling, we offer vertical cardboard balers ranging in size from 30″ to 60″ and horizontal manual tie, two ram, and auto-tie balers. Many of these balers can be configured with different feeding mechanisms like manual, tipper, hopper, or conveyor feeding systems.
Finally, when you contact Harmony, you get to work closely with experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly industry professionals. We use our Proven Process to make sure you are proposed the right solution for your exact needs. Every part of your buying cycle, from start to finish, includes our true partnership approach to ensure your complete satisfaction.
If you are ready to learn more about the constants of recycling cardboard, Harmony is here to help! Call us at (507) 886-6666, email us at [email protected], or fill out this simple form for a free quote, site review, or more information today!