Let’s face it, consumers are pulled in multiple directions by companies trying to sell them their goods and services at a profit. In the highly competitive global marketplace, very few things make a business or its products truly “unique”. But, when it comes to manufactured goods and services, U.S. consumers continue to be influenced by the label of “Made In The U.S.A.” They are drawn to it, believe in it, and value the peace of mind it provides.
What Does Made In The U.S.A. Mean?
Its important to distinguish between something that is put together or assembled in the U.S.A. versus something that is actually made or manufactured here, with the majority of its component parts being sourced by American vendors.
All too often, manufacturers claim that their products are “Made In The U.S.A.” even though they ship in countless components from cheaper, more readily available overseas markets. This is not Made In The U.S.A.
When you are buying or leasing your next baler or compactor, ask your salesperson how many of the component parts, including the steel used in manufacturing are sourced from U.S. companies. You may be surprised at the answer you get.
Harmony Enterprises not only has its production facility in Harmony, MN, we are proud to source over 90% of our component parts from Midwestern U.S. vendors and suppliers. This includes all of our steel that comes from Minnesota as well. Doing this not only support local, shared economies but also ensures that the parts we use are subject to the same production, labor, and quality standards as our own.
Why Is Made In The U.S.A. Important?
This important label is more than just a mantra or a motto. It provides consumers with confidence in buying quality goods at a fair price.
Here are a six reasons why Made In the U.S.A. is important:
- It supports jobs and the economy – U.S. manufacturing employs over 12 million people throughout the United States and provides nearly 11% of the gross national product. Its a way to keep good paying careers at home. It’s a well-known fact that many off-shored jobs simply don’t return to the U.S. Moreover, every dollar spent by U.S. manufacturers on labor, utilities, mortgage, rent, etc. goes back into their local economy. Employees save in local banks, purchase real estate, buy groceries, and support a variety of local businesses. (US Bureau of Economic Analysis and US Census Bureau)
- Buying American made reinforces the idea that completed products and its components are manufactured and assembled in America by American laborers and craftsman.
- Buying products Made In The U.S.A. supports human rights in the form of strict labor laws, fair wages, and ethical production practices.
- It supports production and plant safety and environmental standards through U.S. OSHA and EPA regulations. Many overseas companies do not have to follow guidelines for pollution or safety and choose to move overseas to reduce the costs associated with these necessary efforts.
- Buying products Made In The U.S.A. helps to reduce the ever-growing trade deficit.
- With products Made In The U.S.A. you are afforded safety and quality of the product itself, through consumer protection laws and product safety standards overseen by groups such as the FDA, CPA, and FTC.
Buy Made In The U.S.A. With Harmony!
Harmony Enterprises, Inc. is proud to manufacture our quality balers, compactors, and product destruction equipment in Harmony, MN. We value our relationships with our US-based vendors and strive to pass on that quality directly to our customers. Our Made In The USA waste and recycling solutions are known for their efficiency and longevity, especially when compared to similar products made elsewhere.
If you are interested in learning more about our wide range of solutions, service, repair, or parts, call us at (5070 886-6666 or Contact Us today! We would love to hear from you and can help you understand leasing options and tax incentives that are available to you as the year comes to a close.