Trash stinks! No one wants to take out the garbage. Of course, creating less waste will reduce your trash. But besides creating less trash, you can also make it less of a nuisance, by investing in a commercial trash compactor. Here are 11 reasons why you should think about your waste management differently.
11 Reasons to Invest in a Commercial Trash Compactor
- Prevent unauthorized access or disposal – Unlike a typical dumpster or trash can, a trash compactor cannot be easily accessed by unauthorized personnel, who may be filling your dumpster with their trash.
- Reduce employee pilferage – Indoor trash compactors reduce the need for employees to go outside the building unsupervised, reducing some of the risk for employee pilferage.
- Reduce odors from trash – Some trash compactors are liquid-tight and air-tight to minimize odors. Air sanitizers are also available for some trash compactors.
- Reduce vermin and insect problems – Air-tight trash compactors will keep vermins or insects from invading your trash and creating bigger problems.
- Eliminate litter from wind-blown debris – In dumpsters and bins, loose trash can easily blow away and create litter. Compacted trash will stay put.
- Reduce Fire Hazards – Having your trash better managed in a trash compactor can reduce possible fire risks due to loose or overflowing trash.
- Improve the appearance of your space – With less trash in sight, the appearance of your business or facility will look neater, sanitary and more appealing.
- Save valuable space (both interior and exterior) – Compacting your trash will help you save both floor space and dumpster space. Learn how much space this department store saved by installing a commercial trash compactor.
- Gain better control of liquid waste – Some compactors have liquid-tight enclosures so both wet and dry waste can be compacted and disposed of in a neat and sanitary fashion.
- Improve employee efficiencies and reduce labor costs – Your staff will spend less time “taking out the trash” and managing overflowing trash cans or dumpsters, so they can use their time on other tasks.
- Save money with reduced waste collecting and hauling expenses – With the trash compacted, your trash haulers will not need to pick up your trash as often, saving you money on your waste management expenses overall. Learn how a nursing home saves $900 a month!
Please contact us at 800-658-2320 or fill out this simple form if we can answer some specific questions for you. We are here to help!