You know that your business or facility needs a trash compactor, but where do you start? There are numerous waste compactor manufacturers and suppliers you can purchase from, but trash compactors are made for many different applications. For instance, indoor packers, outdoor trash compactors, and automatic trash compactors all serve a unique purpose. The volume of materials, type of materials, and space available for the trash compactor are also key factors. At Harmony Enterprises, we strive to help you find the right waste management equipment for your specific needs.
Before purchasing a trash compactor, identify the answers to these questions:
- What type of facility is in need of the waste compactor (restaurant, mall, motel, supermarket, office, hospital, landfill, etc.)? Will the trash compactor be in view of customers?
- How much waste is being generated at the facility (or the specific area of the facility) that is in need of a trash compactor?
- What type of materials will be placed in the trash compactor (special considerations include liquids, tires, recyclables)? Will the compactor compact dry or wet waste?
- Where in your business or building is the majority of the trash being generated and collected? Are vermin or odor problems a concern?
- Are there any space or access limitations for the trash compactor? Consider footprint of the compactor plus a chute or conveyor as needed, narrow doorways, overhead obstacles, and issues that may affect safety.
- Do you currently have a contracted waste hauler? What is your current arrangement and costs (i.e. month-to-month billing, cost of equipment rental, pick ups, etc.)?
- How much of your trash is recyclables, such as cardboard, paper, plastics, etc?
- Are there special features on your trash compactor that you may require?
- How important is your waste management equipment’s durability and reliability?
By answering these nine questions about your waste management and trash compactors needs, you will make it easier to identify if an indoor packer, outdoor trash compactor, or SmartPack trash compactor best suits your needs. Harmony Enterprises would be happy to walk you through the process of finding the ideal waste and recycling equipment for your specific situation. Simply contact us online or call us at (507) 886-6666. We also have a product selection guide to help you identify which baler, compactor, or packer fits your needs.
What has been your experience with finding the right trash compactor or waste management equipment for your needs? What other questions or information is important before purchasing?