Many facilities cannot afford to have downtime with their baler or compactor, especially when their operations are supposed to be running 24/7. When your equipment is down, it can cost you money and efficiencies. The best way to avoid baler downtime is to have a solid preventative maintenance plan in place. A maintenance plan will help you to get the most years of service as possible out of your baler and avoid unexpected problems.
Preventative Maintenance Plan for your Baler
Regularly scheduled maintenance is critical for the long productive service life expected from your baler or compactor. Failure to properly maintain your recycling equipment can lead to added repair costs, extended downtime, and safety concerns. A regularly scheduled program should include weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance. Click here to read Harmony Enterprises Inc.’s recommendations for Baler and Compactor Preventative Maintenance.
More Tips to Avoid Baler Downtime
- Invest in equipment that best fits your needs and has a track record for reliability. Contact us if you need help with product selection.
- Ensure that the baler is properly installed by a professional.
- Understand the baler’s electrical requirements and hire an electrician for proper electrical installation.
- Train your staff on safety and proper use of the equipment.
- Thoroughly read the baler’s User’s Manual and keep handy for reference (each User’s Manual can be found on the individual product pages on our website).
- Use the specified baler wire that your baler requires and read the User’s Manual for the proper way to make and tie off a bale.
- Find a qualified baler technician to help you with maintenance and service before the need is urgent. Ask them how they handle emergencies in case the maintenance call is after-hours, on weekends, or a holiday.
- Have a plan in place for if the baler does go down, so that the downtime is minimized.
Protect your investment with a baler maintenance plan and these other tips to avoid downtime with your baler. Keep your equipment running smoothly for years to come!