Harmony Enterprises wants to help make your baler installation as smooth as possible before the baler even arrives at your facility. Here is some helpful information on electrical requirements for balers to help you prepare for a smooth baler installation.
Determine the Electrical Requirements of the Baler
- Determine your circuit requirements, for instance the horsepower of the baler you ordered. Ask a customer service rep at Harmony Enterprises for the baler’s electrical requirements and/or Owner’s Manual of the baler you ordered. You can also find some specifications for the individual vertical balers, horizontal balers, or Automatic Balers on our website. Find the baler model and then click on the specifications tab near the bottom of the page. The Electrical Power and Motor specifications are listed.
- Request a quote and timeline from your electrical contractor as needed, prior to the baler installation.
- Contact your electric company soon if additional electricity service if required, prior to the baler installation.
- If you need an alternative power source – a 3 phase generator could be used but ensure it is the proper size for your specific needs. Again, talk to your electrical contractor.
Typical Electrical Needs for Balers and Baler Installation
These are just guidelines and your requirements may vary depending on your specific needs. Be sure to refer to your Owner’s Manual and your professional electrical contractor for advice.
- Smaller balers can run on Single Phase or 3 Phase Electrical Power.
- Larger balers typically run on 3 Phase Electrical Power.
If you have questions about your baler installation, please contact us at 800-658-2320. In coming months, watch for blog posts on How to Choose the Best Location for a Baler, and Baler Installers and Maintenance.