It is easy to understand that with large crowds, comes big opportunities for waste management and recycling. But, technology, such as wireless trash compactors, allow facility managers to take their waste management to the next level.
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency, an average college football game produces 50 to 100 tons of waste.
- A 2006 study of 25 different venues and events in California by Cal Recycle found an average of 2.44 pounds of waste is generated per visitor, per day.
- For some states, such as Minnesota, new laws are being put into place toughening recycling requirements for sports facilities.
A New Kind of Waste Management for Stadiums and Events
When a person spends money on a ticket to see their favorite sporting event or concert, you can bet that their expectations are high. Stadiums and convention centers draw in vast amounts of people, all who generate vast amounts of waste from the eating, drinking, and fun. There are many companies who make commercial trash cans, outdoor trash receptacles, and recycling bins. But Harmony Enterprises Inc. has equipment to collect and compact the waste in high traffic areas, so that your customers do not notice the trash, but instead are impressed your facility’s cleanliness.
How does the SmartPack Wireless Trash Compactor Work?
One way to add value to your building, increase your custodial staff’s efficiency, and maintain cleanliness, is with the SmartPack Automatic Trash Compactor. With the SmartPack, your guests dispose of trash like they normally would in the trash receptacle or recycling receptacle. But from there, it is handled differently. The SmartPack compacts the trash on the spot. This means that the trash doesn’t need to be emptied as often and is hauled away less. On top of that, when the SmartPack is combined with Wireless Monitoring System, it will notify your custodial staff via their web browser or email alert, when the trash needs to be emptied. This will save your facility time, resources, and ultimately money.
SmartPack Wireless Monitoring System Features:
* SMS & Email Alert Messages for “Partial Full’, “Full”, “No Communication” & “Fault”
* Customized Web Site Access To Monitor Performance Of Each Compactor.
Learn more about the SmartPack Automatic Trash Compactor with the Wireless Monitoring System today! Fill out this simple form, or contact us directly at 800-658-2320.
Case Study: SmartPack in McDonald’s
What do Malls use for Trash Compactors?
Trash Compactors that your Customers can Use
Smart Pack Trash Compactors in Atlanta Airport
SmartPacks Help Manage the Trash at the French Open
Product Page: SmartPack Automatic Trash Compactor