Saving Labor With Harmony Balers & Compactors
Let’s face it, employee shortages are affecting just about every type of business in the United States. From airline pilots to food servers, it seems like there are more jobs available and less people working today than ever before. Business owners are having to do more with less, making tough decisions on how to maintain their operations while keeping up with consumer demand. One way that they are tackling this problem is by using Harmony balers and compactors to help them recycle and manage waste. Its a fact that balers and compactors are saving businesses labor while making the earth a better place for future generations!
How Are They Saving Labor?
- One of the most common uses of balers is to recycle by-products like cardboard. Without a baler, employees have to break down each box by hand, which takes a lot of time. It also creates safety issues related to using box cutters, etc. Harmony’s recycling balers eliminate the need to break down boxes, creating a variety of sizes of dense bales quickly and safely.
- For those businesses that want even more efficiency, Harmony makes automatic balers that cycle automatically. Our S60XRC and T60XDRC are two vertical models that utilize conveyor systems to reduce manual front loading of the baler. Our horizontal balers like our HM-60 can also be tipper or conveyor fed to provide the same labor benefits. The HM-A160 goes one step further and provides an auto tie option of a variety of commodities.
- In facilities like restaurants, universities, hospitals, and airports, waste needs to be collected on the customer facing side of the business. It is essential for the customer experience that this is done in a clean, sanitary, and timely manner. Sometimes, there is simply not enough staff to go around and check each trash can to see if it needs to be emptied. Or, staff is sent to empty all of the cans, whether they are full or not, leading to additional unnecessary costs in extra bags, etc.
- With Harmony’s SmartPack Automatic Compactor and Stainless Steel Compactors, garbage is reduced by as much as 11:1, allowing your staff to check the waste cubes at a much less frequent rate. Not only that, but the machines have easy to read LED displays that indicate when the units are partially full or full.
- Harmony’s Insite wireless monitoring system sends messages to staff when the units are partially full, full, have their main door open, or have service needs. This means that your staff can spend time on more important tasks and empty the trash on a just-in-time basis, saving labor costs and accessory expenses. The typical Harmony customer can save as much as 70% on waste handling costs with SmartPack and Insite.
- Our outdoor stationary compactors also provide employee savings. They can be chute fed, dock fed, or ground fed, reducing the need for employees to walk outside to place the trash in the dumpster. They also eliminate vermin, odor, and pilferage problems common to open top dumpsters. All of these issues require employee time and expense to combat.
- Outdoor compactors can also be equipped with Insite. This system alerts haulers when the units are nearly full, reducing hauling costs and maximizing your trash dollars. It also takes away the time needed for employees to check the trash, call the hauler, and set up the pull. With a minimum 4:1 compaction ratio, this means that what once happened four times a month now is automated only once a month!
Multiple Ways To Save Labor With Harmony
While its hard to find and retain employees, Harmony makes it easy to save labor our long lasting balers and compactors. Harmony has purchase, rental, and lease options customized to fit your business model. Our experienced and knowledgeable sales team will propose the right solution for your business, provide you with necessary site reviews, and even give you the projected ROI on your equipment.
Don’t wait for the next employee to apply or walk in off the street. Take matters into your own hands and save on labor by calling Harmony at (507) 886-6666 or by Contacting Us today!