Residential Trash Compactors v. Open Top Dumpsters
Property managers across the country have long known about the benefits of utilizing small recycling balers to manage cardboard waste that accumulates in multi-unit buildings. But, did you know that Harmony’s residential trash compactors are an affordable way to save time, space, labor, and money managing waste while improving the tenant experience?
Apartment buildings, condominiums, and other residential buildings typically utilize trash chutes and open top dumpsters that are emptied by waste haulers on a timed schedule. While this might seem like an efficient way to manage trash, this type of solution can have a significant negative impacts on costs, space, safety, and overall aesthetic appeal. Problems with overflowing trash, vermin, odor, fire hazards, limited space, and pilferage are just some of the issues property managers face when using open top dumpsters for waste.
Harmony’s residential trash compactors are a much more efficient way to deal with non-recyclable waste. Certain models can be chute fed, while others are ground fed. All can come with a variety of configurations for your exact waste corral needs.
Benefits of Residential Trash Compactors
No matter what model of residential trash compactor your building needs, the benefits of implementing these innovative waste solutions are clear:
- Less frequent hauling for reduced costs. While the containers on Harmony’s residential trash compactors are easy to access, empty, and return, the fact that the trash inside of them is compacted up to four times of that of a normal dumpster means that you can expect that many fewer pulls each month.
- Trash compactors reduce the overall waste footprint, keeping trash areas clean and free from unnecessary debris or fire hazards.
- Residential trash compactors are secure. Not only are there safety measures for operational purposes, but the locks on the loading doors eliminate the problems with vermin, odor, and pilferage. They contain safety switches that disable the
machine when the loading door is open, preventing injury, as well as key lock controls prevent unsafe, unauthorized operation
- Trash compactors improve the tenant experience. No one wants to see or smell trash, especially in or near where they park their cars, live, or play.
Harmony’s Residential Trash Compactors
Harmony offers the widest range of recycling and waste solutions in the industry. We understand that every customer’s need is unique and that not every turnkey piece of equipment is a one-size-fits-all fix to trash problems. That’s why we offer several trash compactors that can be used for residential use.
Here are some of our most popular residential trash compactor models:
- Charge Opening: 24” x 30”
- Waste Container Size: 2.25 cu yds.
- Ram Force: 41,353 lbs.
- Compaction Ratio: 4 to 1
Solid waste in your building has been brought down to street level with a dedicated
waste chute and the AC30.
With small operational area requirements, the waste container rolls easily to outside holding areas.
- Loading Door: 85” x 24”
- Waste Cube Size: 2 cu yds.
- Ram Force: 21,200 lbs.
- Compaction Ratio: 7.5 to 1
This space saving two yard trash compactor can be loaded with front or rear load containers. It’s compaction pressure is held until the next time you need to load,
resulting in more room to load more solid waste. Harmony’s P200 can also be supplied with a feed chute giving increasing flexibility in loading and site location.
- Charge Opening: 28” x 47”
- Ram Force: 28,274 lbs.
- Container Size: 2, 4, or 6 cu yds.
- Compaction Ratio: 4 to 1
This is truly a customizable residential trash compactor. Capable of handling wet or dry waste, the VC100 can be chute or ground fed from any angle.
It can also be equipped with 2, 4, or 6 cubic yard containers. Even with its space saving vertical design, the incredible 28,274 lbs. of ram force reduces waste by 4:1.
Call Or Contact Harmony Today!
Would you like to learn more about how a Harmony residential trash compactor can help your property save time, space, money, and labor managing waste, while improving your tenant experience? Our friendly and knowledgeable sales team is ready to help! Just give us a call at (507) 886-6666 or fill out this simple form. We will reach back out to talk with you and use our proven process to ensure that you are proposed exactly the right trash solution for your residential building. Call or contact Harmony Enterprises today!