One of our ongoing goals is to give back to our local communities, either financially, with our time, or by sharing our resources. We want to highlight some of ways that Harmony Enterprises and our staff has impacted the local community through giving.
Harmony Enterprises, Inc. – Giving Back to Our Communities
- Our Regional Sales, Manager, Nick Roberts, recently taught 3rd Graders at the Saint Ambrose of Woodbury elementary school about “How a City Works”. Read more about it here.
- Our President, Steve Cremer, has shared his manufacturing and business knowledge numerous times through Enterprise Minnesota. Most recently, as a panelist for a “State of Manufacturing” 2016 Survey.
- After recognizing a need through our employees and the community as a whole, we decided to open the Harmony Kids Learning Center, a childcare center and preschool for our employees’ families, that will also be open to the public.
- A Harmony, Minnesota native, Michael Himlie, is “Biking for Peace”. Harmony Enterprises, Inc. proudly donated to his cause and his adventure to bike 100 miles each day, in 50 states, in 50 consecutive days. Read more about it here.
- Our dear friend and co-worker, Mark Blaess, sadly lost his battle to cancer. But we are proud to have been able to make a small difference by having a benefit in his honor while he was still here with us, raising over $3700 for Mark and his family. Read more about it here.
- The Next Gen Forward Relay for Life Team consists of several Harmony Enterprises employees. For many years, this team has not only participated in the annual Relay for Life Event, but they also hold frequent breakfast and lunch fundraisers for the staff here at Harmony Enterprises.
- Harmony Enterprises has been proud to sponsor different Fillmore Central School functions, such as the Big Band Bash.
- The Harmony Area Community Foundation, started in 2012, has the mission to serve the Harmony area by supporting projects which improve the quality of life and build a stronger community. Harmony Enterprises, Inc. has helped by by donating a $5000 “whole note pledge” to the foundation, and also donating other auction items for their events.
- Each year on the Fourth of July, Harmony, MN has a big city-wide celebration with a parade and other happenings in town. For the past several years, Harmony Enterprises, Inc. has hired the Molly Busta Band to play music in the parade, and also in the park afterwards for all who want to enjoy.
- Harmony Enterprises, Inc. allows employees who are on the volunteer ambulance or fire department for Harmony and surrounding towns to leave work when called and they are not docked any pay. This is another way that they support the community and surrounding communities as well.
These are just some of the ways that Harmony Enterprises, Inc. goes beyond running a business and manufacturing balers and packers to something much bigger and meaningful. We know that every way that we give back as a company or individuals betters our community as a whole.
We would like to extend a special “Thank You” to all of our staff who have donated their time, talents, or money to help others. Not all of your efforts are listed here, but they have not gone unnoticed.