Vertical Baler Safety
At Harmony Enterprises, we are obsessed with safety. We have had no time lost due to accidents in our production facility for well over 600 days! Not only are we committed to the safety of our employees, we ensure that our quality balers and compactors consistently meet or exceed ANSI and OSHA standards. This includes our full line of fifteen models of vertical balers. Each is designed to create dense bales of recyclable commodities, while optimizing ease of use and operator safety. Harmony balers also help to improve workplace cleanliness and safety, while maintaining consistent operation to reduce downtime.
Harmony Vertical Baler Safety Features
Here are some examples of vertical baler safety features that help to set our vertical balers apart from the competition:
- Our vertical baler designs undergo a variety of risk assessments and stress analysis tests prior to any initial product testing.
- Harmony thoroughly tests all new products, including vertical balers, prior to product release.
- Our vertical baler structures are made with heavy duty U.S. steel construction.
- Harmony’s vertical balers use multiple safety switches for redundancy
- Each model utilizes 2-hand keylock operation for operator safety.
- Harmony’s vertical balers use front-side bale eject and is automatically hydraulic on many models.
- All control panels meet or exceed UL508A standards with UL inspections regularly.
- Harmony uses safety rated components in control panels and on equipment.
- Harmony’s power units are custom built, and are easily repairable using standard components. Some competitors use submerged pumps, etc.
- Our vertical balers use PLC controls which is not easily defeated.
- We customize equipment to provide you the right recycling solution, while still maintaining safety.
- Quality control checks at each stage of production and post production.
- Quality control team that meets weekly to review all items related to non-conformity.
- Harmony Enterprises is ISO 9001:2015 Certified which holds us to a set of processes that must be followed on all equipment.
- ETL Certified equipment (Limited models) Ensures Harmony Enterprises equipment meets or exceeds standards using 3rd party evaluations.
- We offer full CAT3 electrical and hydraulic systems on many units.
- Though our partnership with Werner Electric we can offer full system risk assessments to ensure our equipment meets or exceeds the safety requirements of our customers.
- All machines are designed to meet or exceed ANSI Z245.21 & Z245.51 standards.
- Use of quality components such as Allen Bradley, Eaton, IFM, and more, versus cheaper components.
- Several of our vertical baler models ship standing up, allowing for and easier, safer, and faster installation.
- You do not have to remove any hoses to raise the cylinders at the time of installation.
- Harmony offers staff training on our vertical balers at the time of installation.
- Each baler manual comes complete with operations and maintenance instructions.
- We offer many product videos that include operation and safety instructions.
Call Harmony Today!
Our relentless commitment to safety and quality is one of the reasons the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal named Harmony Enterprises the “Family-Owned Manufacturer of the Year” in 2020.
If you would like to learn more about our wide range of vertical baler models, their safety features, and how that can improve your business, please give us a call at (507) 886-6666 or contact us through this simple form today! We are happy to share customer testimonials and case studies that demonstrate our vertical baler longevity, safety, and performance.