Harmony Completes Annual ISO 9001:2015 Surveillance Audit
This past week, Harmony Enterprises successfully completed its annual ISO 9001:2015 surveillance audit. According to the iso.org, ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for a quality management system (business) when an organization:
a) needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and
b) aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
All the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 are generic and are intended to be applicable to any organization, regardless of its type or size, or the products and services it provides.
What Does Our Certification Mean To You?
Although an ISO Certificate does not claim to fully guarantee quality products or services from a manufacturer, it does help to ensure that a business’ processes are clear, documented, and meet the international standard.
You might have heard of ISO before, but what does it really mean? Does it make a business better than another?
Not necessarily. It depends on how a company uses the standard and audit processes. Harmony Enterprises uses the standard to continually improve and adapt, and trust that it will help us to pass the benefits of quality and longevity onto our customers.
For Harmony Enterprises, Inc., ISO 9001:2015 certification means that we must:
- Assess the market, target customers, products, services, and risks involved with each on a regular basis.
- Understand the needs and expectations of interested parties (i.e. vendors, customers, employees, and community members).
- Clearly define and understand our scope as a business.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’S) of our processes to measure success and plan for improvement.
- Provide quality leadership and commitment for our organization.
- Maintain customer focus and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Have safeguards in place to effectively mitigate non-conforming materials and products.
- Establish and communicate a company-wide quality policy.
- Assign and communicate roles and expectations within our organization.
- Create corrective action plans address risks and opportunities.
- Plan for the future, in accordance with quality objectives.
- Provide support for our people, infrastructure, as well as a safe and nurturing work environment.
- Share our organizational knowledge with each other and make sure our people are properly trained. This includes maintaining and documenting all information related to our business in a universal and accessible way.
- Ensure that our tools are calibrated and have measurement traceability.
- Have specific plans for design and development of products.
- Have controls for operation and production.
- Assess our external providers.
- Communicate regularly with customers and measure customer satisfaction.
- Implement a means of evaluating all of our processes.
Harmony Enterprises Is Here For You
While this might seem like a lot, our ISO 9001:2015 certification simply means that Harmony Enterprises will maintain its longstanding tradition of being the total solutions provider for the waste handling and recycling industry.
We will continue to offer a wide range of waste handling and recycling solutions, combined with a true partnership approach and our Proven Process to ensure that every customer is proposed the right waste handling or recycling solution for their business. Our innovative products and service reflect the quality and longevity that you have come to expect from the Harmony Enterprises name.
We are proud to devote the time and resources necessary to achieve this very high standard for our quality management system.
Our ISO 9001:2015 certification helps us to be the best we can be for you. We will work tirelessly to live up to this standard, and that of our Family-Owned Manufacture Of The Year designation.
Thank you to all of our dedicated employees, internal auditors, and Office Manager, Lana Soppa, for all of their work to complete this annual ISO 9001:2015 surveillance audit!
If you would like to learn more about our ISO process, how it helps us to serve satisfied customers in over 80 countries worldwide, or about our industry-leading balers and compactors, please Contact Us or call us at (507) 886-6666 today!