Sometimes our customers ask us if we sell used Harmony balers, packers, and compactors. At Harmony Enterprises, we primarily sell new equipment, and occasionally sell used recycling equipment. Most of the products that we sell are shipped out of our factory new, and some have custom features designed for our customers’ specific needs. Sometimes, our customer’s needs may change and they may need a bigger baler, additional functionality, or the latest advancements that new baler models have. Other times, it is common for our customers to hold on to the Harmony Equipment for well over a decade, because it is reliable and meets their needs.
Pros of Buying Used Recycling Equipment
- Buying used recycling equipment will have a reduced price upfront
Cons of Buying Used Recycling Equipment
- When you buy used recycling equipment, it will likely be sold “as is” without an equipment warranty
- Buying used recycling equipment is more risky because you do not know the maintenance history of the equipment. If the baler, compactor, or packer breaks, you may end up spending more money than if you just bought new.
- Getting baler service and parts for used equipment can be more difficult
Questions to Ask Before Buying Used Recycling Equipment:
- Why is the used baler, compactor, or packer being sold?
- What type of preventative maintenance plan was performed on the equipment?
- Are the current owners happy with the functionality of the baler?
- How old is the baler? How many hours of use are on it?
- Has the equipment had any major breakdowns or parts replacements?
- What types of materials were baled in the equipment?
- Who will transport and install the used recycling equipment in the new location?
- Will you be able to get service and support on equipment that is used/dated?
Since equipment functionality is often a deciding factor when people buy new recycling equipment, it should also be an important consideration when buying used equipment. Saving money upfront on a used baler, packer or compactor may seem like a great deal, at first, but be sure to take all the details in consideration.
At Harmony Enterprises, we want you to be happy with your recycling equipment purchase. If you do purchase used equipment, be sure to have a plan and budget for support so that you know what to expect.
If you would like a quote on a new baler, packer, or compactor with a full warranty, and a recommendation for a qualified installer and service tech, please contact us at 800-658-2320.