Harmony Soars As Airport Waste Solutions Provider!
Harmony Enterprises has decades of experience providing regional and international airports all across the United States with waste & recycling solutions for terminal gates, food courts, baggage claim areas, and more! Although Harmony already provides solutions for airport waste in places like Atlanta, Indianapolis, Dallas-Fort Worth, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle, the 95th annual AAAE show allowed Harmony to personally connect with airport decision makers from all over the country. We were thrilled to be in Denver as the airport waste solutions provider this past June 3-5!
What We Learned At The Show
In talking one on one with airport industry professionals during the show, several themes emerged:
- Airports are undergoing expansion, improvements, and technological advancement at a rate never before seen in its industry. Some of these projects are remnants from pandemic relief funding streams, but many include new areas of revenue, including grant funds secured by specific airlines.
- Like many other industries its all about improving the customer experience! No one wants to see or smell overflowing trash cans next to their gate or concession area. Already limited walkway space is compromised by large trash carts going up and down on the hour to take out only partially filled trash bags. This is not only a waste of employee time, but also a waste of trash bags and odor sanitizer. The time and expense used in these traditional methods of handling airport waste could be much better spent on other important tasks throughout the airport.
- Airports are striving to maximize their efficiencies in the work it takes to provide this quality experience. Labor costs and shortages demand that these leaders look for new, creative ways to solve their efficiency problems.
- Airports are challenged to do less with more all the time. Employees in all areas are stretched to perform tasks at nearly impossible levels with decreasing budgets and time allotted.
- Sustainability is top of mind for all airport professionals.
- Being able to connect data into existing IT frameworks is essential. Data can help with scheduling, purchasing, employee management, population control, ordering, and much more!
- Improving sustainability practices through recycling and other waste stream mitigation efforts are at the front of many airport projects.
Harmony Enterprises is thrilled that both our terminal side and airside waste handling and recycling solutions are a perfect match for the pain points expressed by these professionals.
Harmony Brings Compactors To Show Floor!
Harmony was proud to have brought our latest innovative solutions, the SP21 Automatic Compactor and the SmartPack Jr. Restroom Compactor to our show booth. This allowed AAAE attendees to get a hands-on demonstration of the power, efficiency, and marketing capabilities of these innovative machines!
The SmartPack compactor is the ideal solution for the terminal side waste handling pain points expressed by airports. This revolutionary compactor has a hands-free automatic door, and is completely customizable in color, waste cube weight, amount of door openings before compaction, and door opening sensor distance.
The 11:1 compaction ratio operates in a quick and quiet 10 second cycle time. Placed at gates, atriums, and concession areas, this stylish compactor eliminates the need to empty the trash more than 1-2 times per day! In today’s labor market, this efficiency is priceless!
We were so proud to be able to unveil our latest solution, the SmartPack Jr. Restroom Compactor! This small gem of a compactor is the latest way airports can save on bathroom waste and labor, while keeping busy airport restrooms clean of unsanitary waste debris.
We have been busy testing this new model throughout the United States and will be releasing it later this year! This no-touch automatic stainless steel compactor has a super quiet 14 dB noise level and super fast 20 second compaction cycle that yield an incredible 20:1 compaction ratio on paper towel waste. Sold as either an under the counter or stand alone model, SmartPack Jr. is taking the airport market by storm!
Both compactors come equipped with our Insite Monitoring technology. Insite Wireless Monitoring is an invisible technology (inside the compactor) solution that sends SMS text and email messages to employees, alerting them when the compactor is full or in need of service. This allows airport staff to complete waste tasks in a “just in time” scenario. The savings that the combination of SmartPack and Insite provide has been measured as high as 70% for airports that have implemented this system! Our ability to create customizable dashboards, interactive asset and terminal maps, and desired hierarchies of communication make this system very user friendly. The data created by Insite is also meets the needs of airports with its ability to be integrated into larger total data systems already in use at many airports.
Airside Recycling Solutions
At the show, Harmony also learned how our current airside solutions used by janitorial companies could be expanded to include our long lasting recycling balers. With the push for recycling programs, no landfill use systems, and overall improved consciousness about protecting our environment, airports are looking for affordable solutions that fit into their existing facilities.
Harmony’s M60MD vertical baler, is a perfect example of this type of solution. This low profile recycling baler fits easily beneath a standard 8′ ceiling without compromising power or efficiency.
With balers like the M60MD, airports can take what was once a cost to remove recycling commodities, and turn it into a revenue source for their business.
Thank You, Airport Improvement & AAAE!
Trade shows require a significant investment of time and resources by exhibitors to be successful. However, this success is largely dictated by the quality of partnership provided by Airport Improvement Magazine and the staff at AAAE.
Harmony Enterprises was excited to have advertised in AI Magazine and have a video interview played for attendees, highlighting the SmartPack, SmartPack Jr., our company’s Core Values, and why people choose Harmony!
Harmony Enterprises would like to thank AAAE and its staff for making this show professional, rewarding, and fun! Their efforts in marketing, logistics, and overall organization are very much appreciated! We are also honored to have a voting seat on AAAE’s Corporate Committee, allowing us to continue to serve the airport industry as a waste and recycling resource.
Let Us Help Your Business Soar Today!
Harmony Enterprises provides solutions for airport waste in addition to a number of other market verticals worldwide. Our balers, compactors, liquid extraction equipment, and service are just some of the reasons that airports are choosing to Experience Harmony. Proven Process, ensures that each customer is proposed the right solution for their business. We offer free quotes and site reviews, just more reasons airport executives put their trust in us. If you would like to learn more about how Harmony can help your airport with its waste handling and recycling, call us at (507) 886-6666, or Contact Us today!