Harmony Enterprises is proud to be taking part in America Recycles Day on November 15 – not just for one day, but everyday! We recently took the Recycling at Work Pledge for Businesses and are proud to be making an extra effort company-wide (you can take the pledge to recycle more too – Click here).
Harmony Enterprises – How we Reduce Waste, Recycle, Reuse
At Harmony Enterprises, recycling is our business and we help companies, recycling facilities, and organizations to step up their recycling efforts and efficiencies. Through the use of recycling equipment like balers, companies who collect a lot of recyclables (such as paper, aluminum, plastic, textiles, non-ferrous metals) can easily reduce the size for easier storage and transport. Below are some more ways that we are reducing waste, reusing and recycling at our company.
- We have been working on making recycling more convenient in our workplace to enable greater staff participation overall.
- We have a company-wide recycling initiative that includes recycling paper, aluminum, plastic, cardboard, magazines and newspaper throughout our building.
- We continually try to increase employee awareness of waste reduction and recycling opportunities throughout the company.
Shipping and Packaging
- We try to reuse cardboard boxes that parts are shipped to us in, for shipping our own parts out to customers.
- We shred our own paper and reuse the shredded paper as packing material.
- We try to reuse pallets that material comes in on to ship parts and smaller balers out on. When pallets are in poor condition and beyond use, we send them to a recycling facility where they are re-manufactured into landscaping material.
- When oil is drained out of old balers, we reuse the oil as a cutting fluid on some of our machines.
- Floor-Dry granular absorbent is swept up after the area is cleaned up and if it is not totally saturated we save it to be used again.
- We use bulk welding wire when possible to cut down on packaging of individual spools/wire.
- We reuse old steel banding for shim stock on welding jigs were possible.
- We minimize printing of brochures, catalogs, and DVD’s and instead focus on providing our customers with digital product information on our website at harmony1.com and YouTube.
- Instead of printing and mailing newsletters in the mail, we send out a monthly email newsletter (sign up here), reducing paper waste and the carbon footprint impact of delivery.
- We help to educate our staff, customers, and supporters through writing about waste reduction and recycling on our blog, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is our America Recycles Day tips from last year.
We invite you to take the America Recycles or Recycling at Work Pledge too. There are always opportunities to recycle more and waste less. Every action adds up to making a difference.