America Recycles Day is celebrated nationwide every November 15th. It is very simple for each of us to do a small part on America Recycles Day, and to live a lifestyle of recycling all year long.
To take part in America Recycles Day:
- Take the pledge to learn how you can recycle more.
- Use the Recycling Locator to figure our when, where, and how to recycle in your community.
- Attend a local America Recycles Day Event, or consider hosting one for next year.
To Recycle More 365 Days a Year:
- Learn ways that you can reduce the use of plastic bags.
- Support restaurants who are recycling more.
- Start or step-up recycling programs are your workplace.
- Invest in a vertical baler or horizontal baler to recycle at your business.
- Consider how you can use take-back programs or buy upcycled products.
- Donate or recycle your e-waste and support companies who do green business.
- Know how to maximize corrugated cardboard and paperboard recycling.
- Take steps to do greener business.
- Minimize waste and recycle during the upcoming holiday season.
- Donate and recycle clothing and textiles.
To learn more about recycling statistics, take a look at some of our Recycling and Waste Management Infographics:
What are you going to do during the next year to recycle more at home or work? What other recycling tips would you add to this list?