America Recycles Day is celebrated nationwide every November 15th. It is very simple for each of us to do a small part on America Recycles Day, and to live a lifestyle of recycling all year long.
To take part in America Recycles Day:
- Take the pledge to learn how you can recycle more.
- Use the Recycling Locator to figure our when, where, and how to recycle in your community.
- Attend a local America Recycles Day Event, or consider hosting one for next year.
To Recycle More 365 Days a Year:
- Learn ways that you can reduce the use of plastic bags.
- Support restaurants who are recycling more.
- Start or step-up recycling programs are your workplace.
- Invest in a vertical baler or horizontal baler to recycle at your business.
- Consider how you can use take-back programs or buy upcycled products.
- Donate or recycle your e-waste and support companies who do green business.
- Know how to maximize corrugated cardboard and paperboard recycling.
- Take steps to do greener business.
- Minimize waste and recycle during the upcoming holiday season.
- Donate and recycle clothing and textiles.
To learn more about recycling statistics, take a look at some of our Recycling and Waste Management Infographics:
Recycling in Restaurants Infographic
Trash and Recycling Trends Infographic
What’s in your Trash? Infographic
Recycling Facts and Statistics Infographic
Waste Management and Recycling Infographic
What are you going to do during the next year to recycle more at home or work? What other recycling tips would you add to this list?