Here is another helpful infographic on recycling and waste management, put together by UNEP- United Nations Environment Programme.
Some interesting findings IN the united nations waste infographic:
- Paper and cardboard are the most common types of waste in both Germany and the USA
- Glass and aluminium can be recycled indefinitely
- Paper can be recycled 5-7 times before cellulose fibers break down
- The average aluminum can contains 40% recycled material
- Plastic is “down-cycled” to make other products rather than new bottles
- Textiles comprise the third largest type of waste in both the US and Germany. Harmony’s M60STD Multi-Material Vertical Baler is an ideal baler for used clothing and textiles. It has a wide charge opening and ram force needed to make a mill-sized bale.
- The majority of Mexico’s waste goes to the landfill, suggesting opportunities for the implementation of recycling programs there.
- It takes 97% less aluminum material to make recycled aluminum products.
- Aluminum can be recycled over and over, resulting in a complete closed-loop recycling process.
View the PDF of this infographic by UNEP United Nations Environment Programme
View other helpful Information:
Recycling in Restaurants Infographic
Trash and Recycling Trends Infographic
What’s in your Trash? Infographic
Recycling Facts and Statistics Infographic