Manufactured For A Market Niche
Small recycling balers are specified and used by somewhat of a niche industry market. These 30″ balers provide business owners with long lasting solutions to common waste and recycling pain points. When used in the right applications, these small recycling machines can help to convert waste expenses into recycling revenue. They are often used in apartment buildings, office buildings, small retail locations, by liquor boards, and more. Anywhere that space is limited, there is a smaller size and volume of product, and baling efficiency in producing, ejecting, and transporting the bale is a must.
Some of the common reasons small recycling balers are preferred over other models and sizes of balers include:
- Lack of operational space: Harmony’s small recycling machines require 21 and 23 square feet for operation and have an overall height of 88″ and 96″. This allows them to be fully used in the tightest of spaces in stockrooms and back room areas.
- Location of recycling operations: Most recycling happens in backrooms or areas on or below street level. It is not always feasible to get balers into these locations, especially in older buildings. With the cylinders dropped, small recycling balers can be moved in and out of rolled doors and freight elevators. They are also light enough to be moved around by a pallet jack.
- Availability of electrical configuration: Some small recycling balers are able to be operated using a variety of electrical configurations, including three phase or single phase applications. This makes them more desirable due to their versatility.
- Manageable bale weights and sizes: The bale weights and sizes produced by small recycling balers allow them to be ejected easily onto a pallet jack and maneuvered around tight spaces to be stored, or loaded up neatly for transport.
- Demand for efficiency: Small recycling balers are extremely efficient, requiring less power consumption, utilize faster cycle times, and require less time to make a complete and tie off a bale.
- Budget Constraints: Small recycling balers are budget-friendly options that allow business to recycle without a significant capital expenditure. Leasing and rental options make it even easier for people to get the equipment they need.
In addition to these reasons, like all recycling balers, they reduce disposal and hauling costs, save labor and time, improve workplace safety and appearance, reduce fire, odor, and vermin hazards, and are safe and easy to use. In short, small recycling balers help to make businesses more profitable!
Harmony’s Small Recycling Balers
If you look closely at the competition, not many baler manufacturers offer small recycling machines like those mentioned above, and few, if any, have the decades of experience, product development and enhancements, safety records, and customer success with these machines as Harmony Enterprises.
Harmony offers two 30″ small recycling balers, the M30STD (Standard) and the M30HD (Heavy Duty). While both check all of the boxes that solve the issues faced by business owners in this niche market, there are some differences between them that will help you decide which small recycling baler is right for you. You will notice faster cycle time and smaller operational and bale size/weight with the M30STD and a more robust hydraulic cylinder, more dense bales, and large bale weights with the M30HD. Plus, the heavy duty nature of the M30HD allows it to manage a wider variety of recyclable commodities.
- Bale Size: 24″ x 30″ x ≤ 25″
- Bale Weight (OCC): ≤ 145 lbs.
- Feed Opening: 18″x 30″
- Ram Force: 14,138 lbs.
- Volume: Small
- Cycle Time: 23 seconds
- Cylinder: 3″ bore, 2″ rod, 32.25″ stroke
Recyclable Materials: Cardboard, Textiles
Customer Case Studies:
The Lower Manhattan Downtown Alliance specifies Harmony’s M30STD Vertical Baler as a recommended baler for residential buildings. It focuses on the positive impact and reduction of recyclable waste that small balers like this can create, especially in compact urban areas where space is a premium.
Read how the M30STD small recycling machine helped Elroy’s Fine Foods in Monterey, CA save on waste hauling costs, while creating a more safe work environment for its employees!
- Bale Size: 24″ x 30″ x ≤ 30″
- Bale Weight (OCC): ≤ 240 lbs.
- Feed Opening: 17″x 29″
- Ram Force: 41,350 lbs.
- Volume: Small
- Cycle Time: 37 seconds
- Cylinder: 4.5″ bore, 3″ rod, 33″ stroke
Recyclable Materials: Plastic, Shrink Wrap, Steel & Aluminum Cans, Extruded Aluminum, Styrofoam, Office Paper, Textiles
Customer Case Studies:
Read about how a major Honduras recycling company uses the M30HD in their operations by clicking on this link: https://harmony1.com/honduras-invema-corporation-at-the-heart-of-recycling/
Cape Cod Guttery Monkeys rely on the M30HD to bale extruded aluminum. Read how they earn additional recycling revenue and donate it to a local charity.
This Laos environmental group transports 10X more PET, mixed plastic, and OCC in their trucks thanks to their Harmony 30″ M30HD Vertical Baler. Learn More.
Read how Harmony donated a used M30HD to One Earth Recycling to assist them in their mission of community recycling and sustainability.
Let Harmony Help With Small Recycling Balers Today!
If you are experiencing some of the issues we laid out early in this post and think a small baler could help your business save time, space, and money, let Harmony Enterprises help! As the Minneapolis-St. Paul 2020 Family-Owned Manufacturer of the Year, we take pride in being able to offer a wide range of solutions for waste handling and manufacturing to satisfied customers all over the world. Contact Us or call us at (507) 886-6666 to learn how we can help you purchase or service a small recycling baler today!