A Different Baler and Compactor Manufacturer
I was talking with a customer on the phone today about meeting him at an upcoming trade show, ISSA INTERCLEAN in Las Vegas. One of his comments sparked a conversation that needs to be shared with a greater audience.
The customer, (let’s call him Joe for this post’s sake) is not the prototypical purchasing agent or procurement officer within his company. Joe is the hands-on, guy-in-the-trenches, show-up-to-work-early, experienced employee who “gets it”. He understands the facilities management needs, capabilities, and goals of his company, and does whatever it takes to make those things happen. His supervisor is extremely wise to recognize these qualities in Joe, and has delegated the responsibilities of waste and recycling equipment acquisition to him.
As a consumer, Joe is moving from the Evaluation of Alternatives portion of his buying process to the Purchase Decision stage. He has done his homework by visiting several baler and compactor manufacturer websites, calling sales offices, and understanding the type of equipment that would work best for his company, within a reasonable budget.
In talking with Joe, he mentioned several of our competitor’s offerings, pricing, and services. He then said something that I will never forget and that bears repeating. He said, “Yeah, you are not the cheapest one out there, but who wants to be cheap? For the money, you are the best, and that’s what we want.”
“Yeah, you are not the cheapest one out there, but who wants to be cheap? For the money, you are the best, and that’s what we want.”
Those words struck a chord in me that made me think about my own purchasing. I am in the process of buying a new car for the first time in my life. My wife and I have done the research, test driven several models, and have narrowed down our choice to one in particular. We too, have chosen a vehicle that is not the “cheapest”, but one that we are confident fits our needs (we have two dogs we LOVE to travel with), will provide comfort and safety, and will last over time. We basically found our purchase decision ourselves, without any fanfare from the car company or local dealers.
With so many baler and compactor manufacturers to choose from, the customer in me would have appreciated the dealers tooting their own horns by better explaining what sets their products apart from the competition.
How Does Harmony Enterprises Really Stack Up?
That made me think even more. Do our customers actually know how we compare to our competitors? How can we “toot our horn” to show the enhanced value that comes with choosing Harmony equipment and service?
Without naming or “slamming” another baler and compactor manufacturer, here are three reasons why Harmony consistently rises to the top and should be your choice for waste and recycling equipment and service.
1.) We offer a Total Partnership Approach with each customer. Rather than using a “one size fits all” mentality, Harmony’s goal is to be the innovative solutions provider for each customer. With your purchase of Harmony equipment and services, our reputation is at stake. We strive to honor our commitment to you and your company throughout the life of your equipment. As the solutions provider to the recycling and waste handling industry, Harmony Enterprises:
- Is a Midwest company where you can always talk with a real, courteous, knowledgeable, and empathetic person.
- Provides each customer with a no-obligation site inspection.
- Provides quick lead times for production and works with local installers to make sure each order is completed to specification.
- Offers 24-hour customer service coverage throughout the U.S. Our technicians are trained to service any brand or model of equipment. These professionals attest to the overall quality of Harmony products.
2.) Harmony provides the Lowest Total Cost of Ownership. This means that Harmony’s quality processes ensure:
- Long lasting equipment. Many of our balers and compactors are over 20 or 30 years old and are still functioning in the field. Our quality is evident in our product’s durability, functionality, and efficiency.
- Freedom from unnecessary repairs. This provides significant cost savings over the life of the machine. Should problems arise, our warranty program is the most extensive in the industry and our 24-hour service guarantees that your downtime will be limited.
- A safe work environment that requires a minimal operational footprint. Every piece of Harmony equipment exceeds ANSI and OSHA standards has UL listed electrical components, and consists of safety-lock control mechanisms. We provide up to date operation manuals, and have many videos available for training on equipment installation, operation, and basic maintenance.
- Tangible ROI’s on equipment. Harmony’s equipment will do the work we say it will do, providing a return on investment by lowering employee FTE’s and creating consistent recycling returns on valuable commodities.
3.) Harmony provides customers with Innovative Options. Harmony is so much more than just a manufacturer of world-class waste and recycling equipment. We offer differentiators in the marketplace that set us apart from any other manufacturer in our industry. Some may offer one or two of these options, but rarely can another company claim to offer the full range of what Harmony does. Harmony Enterprises is proud to offer these innovative options:
- Wireless monitoring services on equipment
- Solar powered options, either off-grid OR hybrid
- Preventive maintenance plans
- 24-Hour service coverage
- Customer service software for managing assets across locations
- Rental options
Admittedly, Harmony Enterprises may NOT always be the “cheapest”. But, in the words of Joe, “who wants to be cheap?” We certainly do not. We are much more than just a baler and compactor manufacturer. We want our customers to Experience Harmony in our True Partnership Approach, Lowest Total Cost of Ownership, and in our Innovative Options.
Call us at (507) 886-6666, or contact us here to learn for yourself about what Harmony Enterprises can do for your business today!Contact Us
Lane Powell, New Business Development at Harmony Enterprises, Inc.