Why Use Apartment Building Compactors?
Apartment building owners utilize many different ways to manage tenant waste. Some require tenants to carry their own trash to an open top dumpster area on an individual floor or in the garage. Some have chute fed systems that funnel into a standard dumpster on a lower level, to be emptied by a hauler on a frequent schedule. All of these solutions are easy, but cost more in hauling, and expose building managers to the problems related to odor, theft, pilferage, vermin, and fire hazards, not to mention increased costs with more frequent hauling and increase space taken up in the landfill.
One way to mitigate these problems is to utilize an apartment building compactor. Similar to the hydraulic compactors used in retail settings, apartment building compactors are designed to receive waste either from a chute system, or can be manually fed by a door opening on the machine. Depending on the model, their compaction force reduces waste by as much as 10X its normal size.
The benefits of apartment building compactors include:
- Improved experience for tenants and guests, not having to see unsightly trash.
- Reduced problems with odor.
- Reduced fire hazards.
- Reduced issues with vermin.
- Cost savings with fewer hauls to the landfill. If your compactor provides a 4:1 compaction ratio, for example, that means you would need only 1 pick up for every four with a traditional open top dumpster system!
- The peace of mind knowing that your compacted waste takes up much less space in the landfill, reducing the potential burden on the waste stream and creating fewer CO2 emissions in the atmosphere with fewer monthly pulls.
Apartment Building Compactors By Harmony
Harmony Enterprises manufacturers the widest range of solutions for waste and recycling. As part of our total solutions package, we proudly design and produce a long lasting apartment building compactors, our AC30 Apartment Compactor.
The AC30 is the smaller, efficient solution to apartment building waste. It has a large 24” x 30” charge opening, a 2.25 cubic yard detachable waste container, and a powerful 41,353 pound ram force that creates a cost-saving 4:1 compaction ratio.
Some Of The Other AC30 Apartment Compactor Features Include:
- One-sided container connection system as a standard feature
- Efficient 2 HP TEFC motor
- Fast 31 second cycle time
- Durable 4″ cylinder and 2″ rod
- Compacts into a 2 yard container
- Small operational area requirements
- Waste container rolls easily to outside holding area
- Efficient hydraulic system
- Meets or exceeds OSHA or ANSI Z245.5 safety standards
- Made In The U.S.A.
Free Quotes, Referrals, and Site Reviews
We understand that any investment in apartment building infrastructure or facility maintenance is a big deal. You need to be able to justify the return on your investment and the overall benefit that investment will provide you and your tenants. Harmony offers free quotes and site reviews of your apartment building to ensure that we are proposing exactly the right solution for your needs. We can also supply you with customers who have implemented apartment building compactor solutions and can attest to their quality, efficiency, and longevity.
If you would like to talk with a live, experienced sales team member about these cost-saving environmentally friendly machines, call us at (507) 886-6666. Or you can contact us by filling out this simple form today!