Start From The Beginning
How would you know where to look?
If you are like most people in the 21st century, you would go to the nearest browser on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. And, if you are like most people, you will use Google to perform just one of the 1.2 trillion (yes, that’s trillion with a “t”) searches that take place on its site every year.
Imagine yourself, coffee in hand, next to your device, ready to search for a baler. You press “enter” and are surprised to see the mixed bag of organic and paid search results that appear on your screen! You are presented with everything from agricultural balers to pine straw balers, industrial balers of all shapes and sizes, and even a place in the Philippines called Baler Bay.
Frustrating. All you wanted was a recycling baler for your business.
Let’s say you did see an industrial baler that looked like something you might need and you click on the listing only to be taken to a page that does not fit your needs. Sound familiar?
That’s because web pages are optimized for one keyword or phrase. The keyword you enter might cue up a web page or URL that doesn’t align to what you are actually looking for.
Harmony has spent quite a bit of time researching what our customers are searching for, and how they search for it. This has helped us to align our keywords with appropriate products, taking you to the landing page of what it is you actually need faster, so you can get your solution in a timely manner.
But, if you find yourself searching online for an answer, here are some tips to help you “Search Smarter” for your waste handling and recycling equipment.
- Determine if you are recycling or managing waste. This will help you decide if you will need some type of a baler (recycling) or compactor (waste).
- If recycling, mention the commodity you would like to recycle. Some balers can handle a variety of products, while others specialize in a specific recyclable, such as cardboard.
- If managing waste, mention whether it is for indoor or outdoor applications.
- Identify if the size of the bale or weight of the bale you might want to recycle OR the size of the waste container you might want to have. For example, standard sizes of bales include 30″, 48″, and 60″ mill sized bales. Waste containers can range from 2 to 4, 6, 8, and 20-40 yards, depending on location and application.
- Spell your keyword or search term correctly. Most web pages have properly spelled words as their keywords.
- Avoid too general of terms, like baler, or compactor, as those might yield a hay baler or a vibrating dirt compactor.
- Avoid searching by product name, as that will limit you to a certain make and model, which might not be the best solution for you.
Even with these suggestions, there is an easier way! Harmony Enterprises’ website has a helpful Product Filter to help you find the equipment or service that fits your needs.
Here is how you can use it to maximize your use of time with your internet search & Harmony Enterprises:
- Go to www.harmony1.com
- Click on the Products tab in the site map
- Choose whether or not you are interested in a baler (recycling) or compactor (waste)
- From there, the product filter will ask you to identify the types of recyclables, bale weights, locations where equipment will be used, and what type of industry your business is. All of this information is used to narrow down your search to a solution that is just right for you.
- A full list of balers or compactors with photos and brief descriptions is included under the product filters to help you further.
- Click on the one that best suits your needs and you will find product literature, specifications, diagrams, and related videos that will provide you with all of the information you need to make an informed decision.
- When in doubt, we have large contact buttons that allow you to reach out to our courteous and knowledgeable sales staff who are ready to help you.
Harmony’s site is constantly updated with the latest information, customer success stories, and industry trends. So, stop searching for something that won’t help you – Search Smarter with Harmony!
Harmony Enterprises manufactures balers and compactors for the waste handling and recycling industry. Our innovative products and services are not only saving our customers time and money, they are helping to make the earth a more sustainable place for generations to come!
Harmony is committed to making your search experience and buying process easy, informative, and rewarding. To learn more about how we can help, visit our Product Filter, call us at (507) 886-6666, or Contact Us today!