It is important to have a reliable solution for your recycling and baling needs. Sometimes old compactors may still do the job, but not efficiently. Are you thinking about replacing your trash compactor, but are not sure if the time is right yet? Here are some tips for when we suggest a compactor replacement.
10 Indicators that It’s Time for a Trash Compactor Replacement:
- The compactor has safety issues such as pinch points or other hazards that are resolved with newer and more up-to-date models.
- Your current trash compactor does not meet UL, ANSI or OSHA standards.
- The compactor or packer requires more spare parts and/or parts are difficult to find for the unit. Depending on the age and model of your compactor, you may find that some part are hard to find. (Tip: You can call Harmony Enterprises, Inc. for replacement parts and service for ANY brand trash compactor – find out more here)
- The baler is requiring more service and maintenance than usual. When the baler breaks down, down time can be expensive, in addition to service and parts.
- The trash compactor no longer accommodates your waste management needs. For instance, maybe you want a more versatile compactor that will also handle liquids.
- The trash compactor does not have adequate capacity for your waste management needs. You may realize that you have a lot more waste now than fifteen years ago, when the compactor was originally purchased.
- The compactor is excessively noisy. A noisy compactor could be problematic in situations where customers can potentially hear the unit operating outside or in a nearby stock room.
- Changes in your building or location are giving you more or less room. Often the space available is a factor when choosing a trash compactor. You may find that your compactor does not fit in the space you have or maybe new accommodations now allow more room for a trash compactor that will better fit the space and job.
- Funds are available for a compactor replacement or purchase. Purchasing a commerical trash compactor can be a significant investment. Sometimes funds simply are not available. But when grants, assistance programs, or capital budgets funds are available, it can be the perfect opportunity to upgrade your compactor or other waste management equipment.
- There is Opportunity to Save More on Waste Hauling: The trash compactor you purchased previously may not be reducing your waste hauling bill as much as a new trash compactor. Find out how quickly you can pay for a new trash compactor and save on your monthly waste hauling bill here.
Whether you are looking for a replacement compactor, buying your first compactor, or are considering renting a compactor, Harmony Enterprises, Inc. is here to help. Our goal is to provide solutions to businesses who are like us and want to waste less, recycle more, and protect our earth. Please fill out this form or contact us at 800-658-2320 for more information.