Harmony Enterprises selected to present at the 2018 AAAE Show Innovation Theater!
The goal of the Innovation Theater is to “learn about breakthrough technologies (and) have the opportunity to see the latest and greatest in the industry!” It allows airport executives to “connect with industry professionals who will have insight and solutions to the latest challenges at your airport, and receive one-on-one attention during follow-up question-and-answer sessions.”
Harmony’s exciting demonstration, entitled “Revolutionizing Airport Waste Handling & Recycling” will be on April 16th at 2 PM in the Innovation Theater 2 of the San Diego Convention Center.
Featuring our SmartPack Automatic Trash Compactor and our Insite Wireless Monitoring System, Harmony will demonstrate what is possible in airport waste handling and recycling!
Innovative Solutions For Airports
SmartPack Automatic Trash Compactors are ideal for use in several parts of the airport, including parking areas, ground transportation drop-off and pick-up locations, ticketing kiosks, baggage claim, security check points, gate departure and arrivals, restaurants, retailers, and in-flight hospitality services. These aesthetically appealing compactors serve as stand-alone compacting receptacles. The SmartPack Compactor is a “plug and play” machine, requiring standard electrical service to operate on its 24V configuration. SmartPacks are completely configurable to meet the needs of every customer, while compacting trash up to 11X
Insite Wireless Monitoring operates completely inside the cabinet of the compactor. Insite uses the latest in sensor technology to determine whether the compactor is partially full, full, has a door left open, is unplugged, or needs service. It also calculates run time, compaction cycles, and cell signal strength. All of this data is relayed to the customer through a cloud based configurable dashboard.
Alert messages that are unit, location, and condition specific are sent via email and/or SMS text message to a pre-determined list of recipients. The gateways controlling the Insite service are remotely accessible by Harmony should technical support on them ever be needed. Insite customers have the option of creating IoT Scenes that layer maps and images of their assets with status widgets of alerts and conditions – truly cutting edge!
Benefits Of SmartPack & Insite
There are many benefits to the SmartPack Compactor and Insite Wireless Monitoring. When paired together, the benefits are proven, repeatable, and provide an immediate ROI.
Benefits of the SmartPack Automatic Trash Compactor:
- The outer cabinet of the SmartPack can be ordered to match any décor. They can be made of wood, laminate, or metal and are available in multiple colors and grains.
- The use of the automatic compactor eliminates overflowing trash bins and improves the overall airport appearance.
- SmartPacks require very little operational floor space to operate. Compared to other automatic compactors on the market, SmartPacks offer the highest level of compaction with the smallest overall operational footprint.
- SmartPacks operate in a very quiet manner, utilizing actuators and hydraulics.
- The hydraulics and platen are powerful, producing 1570 lbs. of ram pressure to ensure complete compaction of waste.
- The automatic “no touch” loading door provides a clean and safe way for patrons to dispose of waste.
- SmartPack Automatic Trash Compactors have many configurable components, including waste cube size, photoeye sensor distance, and compaction cycle count to actuation.
- SmartPacks meet and exceed all ANSI and OSHA safety standards. Two handed safety controls and locking loading door make the SmartPack safe and easy to operate.
- SmartPacks reduce waste disposal costs by lowering required employee FTE’s, using fewer bags, and subsequently less frequent pulls on the dumpster or outdoor compactor.
- Compactors can be rented by Harmony Equipment Rental, which also covers the cost of installation, preventive maintenance, and normal warranty issues.
- The SmartPack has an incredibly short compaction cycle time of 6 seconds. This allows for minimal disruption of waste disposal by patrons.
- Harmony’s SmartPack has a two-Piece cube that allows for easy disposal of waste at its source. Employees can easily remove waste and place the new bag in the compactor for immediate use.
- SmartPacks are available with an easy to use wheeled cart and handle for easy removal of waste!
Benefits of Insite Wireless Monitoring:
- Allows you to manage your assets from any location at any time.
- The data collected eliminates the need for your staff to physically check on your baler or compactor.
- The alerts are configurable by asset name, location, time zone, and alert condition. They can be sent to any of your staff via computer dashboard, email, or SMS text message, all in real-time.
- Insite allows you to increase the life of your equipment, reduce unnecessary labor, schedule the most efficient emptying and hauling based on data patterns, and stay proactive with maintenance.
- The private network has several layers of security to ensure safe operation free from external threats and ransomware.
- Is remotely accessible and comes with support from highly trained Harmony staff.
- Keeps equipment life duration of cycle count, run hours, cell signal strength, and time online.
- All conditions and event logs are displayed in graph form and are kept on record for over a year at a time.
- GPS locations and mapping are displayed to assist in technical service or parts dispatching.
- Insite works on any make and model of recycling or waste equipment.
- The configurable dashboard is mobile responsive and can be structured for airports based on any desired layout. For example, an airport with five terminals and two different janitorial companies can have their views and alerts set up specifically for each terminal, company, or user.
In addition to the Innovation Theater demonstration, Harmony is proud to be an exhibitor in this year’s show in Booth #242. Stop by and visit Nick and Lane and register to win a free iPad! While you are there, let us show you more about our innovative solutions that are changing the way airports manage their waste and recycling.
To learn more about our company, our full range of products, or to request a quote, please do not hesitate to call us at 800-658-2320 or Contact Us today!