Beware of Used Equipment Online
With all of the used waste handling and recycling websites available to consumers today, it is no wonder that businesses are buying more used equipment online than ever before. While shopping on Craigslist, Ebay, and other liquidation auction sites might seem like a good way to save money, be careful of the dangers that come with buying non-certified pre-owned balers or compactors.
What seems too good to be true usually is!
Harmony Enterprises recommends buying or renting new or used waste handling and recycling equipment that has been factory re-certified and inspected for proper use.
Ask Yourself This…
Here are some question you need to ask yourself if you are considering buying from one of these types of resources:
- Do you know the exact age of the machine you are purchasing?
- Do you have detailed information on how it was utilized or run hours logged on it?
- Is there a maintenance record of any repairs or preventive maintenance that might have been done to it over the years?
- Do you know if this particular equipment was designed for the application you plan to use it in?
- Does the machine come with an owner’s manual or service bulletin?
- What is the warranty on this equipment? Did the manufacturer provide one and is it still viable?
- If something breaks, can you still get parts for it?
- Is the price point of the equipment correct? And, is it worth the risk?
Harmony Enterprises believes that no bottom dollar price is worth risking your employees safety or your business’s efficiency over.
There ARE Better Options!
There are better options when buying used equipment online. Here are three simple, but very practical alternatives:
- If you are convinced that you must purchased a liquidated baler or compactor, please have it checked over by a certified technician. Harmony provides immediate 24 hour response time all over the United States and can help you ensure that your equipment, whether new or used, is performing correctly. We can also set up routine preventive maintenance schedules to give you additional peace of mind. Accessories and parts are also readily available and can be ordered easily on our Service and Parts page on our website.
- Most baler and compactor manufacturers offer refurbished equipment in their product lines. These machines are almost always pre-certified and come with answers to many of the questions posed in the sections above. While you may pay a little more for these than on an auction site, these pieces come with limited warranties, manuals, and repair histories that allow you to understand the ROI that can be achieved with your purchase. In addition, companies like Harmony Enterprises often offer training on how to properly use and care for your equipment. Harmony’s quality used balers and compactors are available for immediate delivery to your location. Harmony Enterprises supports its products by providing parts, manuals and technical support for 20 years after the manufacture date.
- Equipment Rental is often overlooked. Not every manufacturer offers rental programs. Harmony Equipment Rental is proud to offer affordable rental plans on quality new equipment to fit any budget. Renting from Harmony allows you to pay less up front, eliminates freight and installation fees, and means that you will receive maintenance coverage throughout the duration of your rental period.
All three of these options make good business sense. We encourage you to weigh out which makes the most sense for your business. When you are ready to learn more about our full line of balers, compactors, and beverage extraction equipment, please Contact Us or call Harmony Enterprises at 800-658-2320.