Harmony Europe Team Installs ExtractPack At Luxembourg Airport
The Luxembourg Airport is the latest aviation center to benefit from the installation and use of Harmony’s ExtractPack Vertical Liquid Extraction Baler. After having equipped 2 Airports in London, it is Luxembourg Airport’s turn to equip itself with the most efficient aluminum can and PET bottle baler on the market! Harmony Europe’s professional team of service technicians installed the innovative baler late last month.
Luxembourg Airport is the main airport in Luxembourg. Previously called Luxembourg Findel Airport due to its location at Findel, it is Luxembourg’s only international airport and is the only airport in the country with a paved runway. It is located 3.25 NM east of Luxembourg City.
Why An ExtractPack At An Airport?
We might not often think about it, but airports are one of the world’s largest suppliers of canned and bottled beverages. Travelers are able to quench their thirst through vending machines in ticketing and baggage areas, convenience stores, restaurants, and bars throughout concourses, and through cart beverage service during flights. Literally millions of aluminum and PET bottled beverages flow through the world’s airports each year.
Airport staff and air caterers need efficient ways to drain and bale out-of-date and out-of-spec product that is safe, fast, and provides recycling income on the back end. Not only that, but operational space is often a concern at these locations. Having a space-saving vertical design to a liquid extraction product is highly desirable.
That is why more and more airports around the world are choosing the ExtractPack from Harmony.
Benefits of The ExtractPack
The ExtractPack Vertical Liquid Extraction Baler performs over 7 times faster than draining containers manually. With a fast 45 second cycle time, it makes quick work of product that fills the 24″ x 21″ loading door.
In addition to its efficiency and cost savings for employee FTE’s, here are some other advantages being claimed by airports using the ExtractPack:
- Liquid control is managed by built-in splash guards.
- Each dense 24″ X 16″ X up to 24″ bale is easily stored or transported and consists of 2,000 full plastic bottles or 4,000 aluminum cans.
- A large 51-gallon reservoir, located below the machine, collects the liquid being expelled from the baler and funnels it to the drain of your choosing. Or, the optional sump pump can be used to contain it into a collection container.
- A TEFC (Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled) motor allows you to hose the entire machine down.
- The ExtractPack is constructed with the highest quality steel, including painted stainless steel anywhere liquid touches the baler to resist corrosion.
- Safety is always a concern, so the ExtractPack comes standard with state-of-the-art magnetically coded safety switches that guarantee complete closure of all doors during the compaction cycle.
- The ram face and chamber floor are lined with “Shark’s Teeth” to rip and puncture the material in the chamber to ensure proper baling and liquid removal.
- Given new concerns with virus protection, having a machine that perforates, drains, and bales the product without human contact once the product is loaded, is extremely desirable for both employers and employees.
To see the machine in action with our Harmony Europe Team, click on the video link below:
ExtractPack Is For More Than Just Airports
Airports aren’t the only business utilizing the savings provided by ExtractPack. Craft brewers, smaller bottling facilities, and contract packagers also understand the value provided by this innovative machine. How could it help your business?
If you are interested in getting more information on ExtractPack, or a free quote for your business, please call us at 507-886-6666 or Contact Us with your request. Our experienced sales team can help you assess which piece of long lasting recycling equipment will give you the most for your money. And, when you partner with Harmony, you will enjoy the lowest total cost of ownership combined with a true partnership approach. Call or visit us today!