“Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.” Although John Wesley’s words are inspirational, it is sometimes hard to find examples of modern day businesses that are “doing good”, while achieving financial success.
One shining example of an organization that is living this mantra is the NP Community (Non Profit Community) in Rochester, MN. NP Community (Non Profit Community) is “a unique merger of the concept of different non-profit entities, working together in concert for the betterment of local communities.”
This progressive social business works with several regional partners to collect donations of textiles, clothes, and household goods to do all the good they can. In their own words, NP Community is able to “create jobs, create sustainable revenue, and foster partner relationships to provide funds for the betterment of the community, and benefit of our environment.”
How do they do it?
With the help of their regional partners, NP Community (Non Profit Community) collects a variety of recyclables to reuse, recycle, and resell. In providing this social business model, the NP Community (Non Profit Community) has a positive impact on everyone and everything involved in their process:
- The people donating- People need convenient ways to dispose of used clothes, shoes, and other household items. By having drop boxes close to their own neighborhoods, citizens are more apt to recycle their items responsibly instead of throwing them into the waste stream.
- People who need clothes and other items they cannot afford- NP Community gives a portion of the collected goods to local emergency clothing pantries and shelters. Other recipients of their funding and donated items include the homeless and women coming out of women’s shelters.
- The people collecting, using, sorting, recycling, and selling the products- NP Community provides meaningful employment to people in transition from treatment and correctional facilities.
- The regional partners who manage the drop boxes– These groups, like the Harmony Public Library, receive a percentage of the weighed donations as a way to supplement their normal budgets.
- Our environment- By reusing, recycling, and reselling these items, fewer of them end up in the landfill.
A Proud Partner
As the industry leader in waste handling and recycling solutions, Harmony Enterprises manufacturers balers, compactors, and beverage extraction machines for satisfied customers around the world. Just as importantly, it is our goal to create products and services that make the earth a more sustainable place for generations to come.
That is why we are proud to have partnered with NP Community (Non Profit Community) in providing them with our M60STD Vertical Baler. The M60STD is the gold standard baler that creates mill-sized bales of aluminum, plastic, PET, shrink wrap, paper, newspaper, non-ferrous metal, and textiles. This baler was purchased in 2018 to assist NP Community (Non Profit Community) with baling their ever growing amount of used textiles.
With this durable 60″ baler, NP Community (Non Profit Community)has been able to achieve their business goals.
According to President Nathan Augeson, “As our business has grown and changed, Harmony Enterprises has been there to help and advise us on the right equipment that will allow us to change our processes and meet industry demands. Without the expertise of their industry leadership, I can honestly look back and say we would have made some costly mistakes. We are very grateful for the community investment they have made in Harmony MN, and we are excited to be partnering with them and the community in recycling, reusing, reselling the huge excess in our area!”
Mr. Augeson continued by complimenting Harmony’s Proven Process and True Partnership Approach when he stated, “We have had a great experience and education in the types of balers and what will and won’t work for our unique industry. The staff at Harmony Enterprises was very helpful and informative all along the way. The installation was very professional and the payment option worked well with our budget!”
Harmony Enterprises recognizes the positive contributions by forward-thinking organizations like NP Community (Non Profit Community) and thanks them for choosing Harmony for their waste handling and recycling needs. If you would like to learn more about how our quality waste handling and recycling equipment can help you “do good” for those in your community, please call us at (507) 886-6666, or Contact Us today!