Harmony’s Vendor Relationships
Harmony Enterprises values its relationships with all of its vendors. It is through these mutually beneficial partnerships that we are able to bring the highest quality products to market at the most affordable price to our customers.
One of our most long standing vendor relationships is with Werner Electric, based in Cottage Grove, MN. Werner has supplied Harmony Enterprises with the highest quality electric components since 1987.
Our History With Werner Electric
What started as the distribution of simple timer counters and switches, has, over time, evolved into cutting edge technologies like PLC’s and solid-state electronics. It is not just electrical component parts that Werner delivers. Their full staff offers insight into practical solutions that save both time and money for the businesses they serve.
Its through insights like these that many important developments have taken place during the thirty-two years that Harmony and Werner have worked together. One of the most important was the introduction of kitting of electrical components for our world-renowned balers and compactors. This process began at Harmony in 2006.
Today, Harmony utilizes twenty-one of these kits in various configurations and applications.
Each kit can contain between twenty and sixty component parts that constitute the kit in its entirety.
Here are just a few of the benefits of having these kits supplied by a reputable vendor like Werner:
Kits simplify the entire manufacturing process. This simplified process has a “trickle down” effect that provides labor savings and efficiencies in all areas:
- Purchasing: Instead of ordering dozens of smaller components per machine, our purchasing department can save time and be sure of accuracy in the ordering of one kit.
- Receiving: The delivery times of one kit are improved and it takes less time and effort to sort through the packing slips of one kit versus several smaller items.
- Parts Room/Inventory: Kits create reduced inventory depth and take up less valued space in the parts room.
- Production: Assemblers can save a great deal of time pulling one part and assembling the machines free of error, rather than identifying, pulling, and keeping track of multiple smaller parts.
- Accounting: It is much easier to work with billing involving one kit instead of multiple components.
The bottom line of kitting is that it improves the bottom line in regard to cash flow and improved through-put efficiencies. Kitting is achieved through the dedicated work performed by Werner’s Modiflex team of professionals. This innovative group helps to design and build custom kit projects for businesses.
How Customers Benefit
Not only does Harmony Enterprises benefit from our relationship with Werner Electric, and the kits they provide, the end-user and customer does as well. Our partnership allows us to:
- Provide our customers with the latest in technical advancements and control systems.
- Give our customers confidence in brand recognition with quality products from Rockwell Automation and Allen Bradley controls.
- Brings our products to market and to our customers faster.
Innovating For The Future
Just like one of Harmony Enterprises’ Core Values is Innovative, we are constantly working with Werner to innovate for the future. Our joint teams conduct quarterly kit reviews, discuss product migration, and share ideas between our engineering departments on the latest and greatest advancements in technology.
This mutual desire for success and future improvement mirrors the desire for positive growth between Harmony Enterprises and Werner Electric.
Learn More Today!
If you would like to learn more about our full product line of waste handling and recycling equipment, or about how vendors like Werner Electric help us to be one if the industry leaders in quality and innovation, please call us at 507-886-6666, or Contact Us today!