Outdoor SmartPack Trash Compactors In Lanesboro!
The City of Lanesboro, MN, nestled in the scenic bluff country of Southeast Minnesota, is known as a year-round tourist destination. With the Root River, bike trails, golf courses, fishing, shopping, live theater, accommodations, and all of its small town charm, it attracts visitors from all over the United States. With so many travelers taking advantage of their amenities, city officials were looking for a new and more progressive way to manage outdoor trash. They approached Harmony Enterprises about utilizing our SmartPack Automatic Compactors outside of their city office and in a public gathering area downtown. Harmony has implemented outdoor SmartPack trash compactors in the past, and agreed to partner with Lanesboro to pilot the next generation of innovative compactors. Lanesboro installed two of our units this spring with the potential for several more units in the following years.
Why Harmony SmartPacks?
SmartPacks have long been the choice of customer-facing businesses to help reduce waste at its source. They have several standard features that make them the “smart” choice for handling waste, including:
- A “no touch” automatic loading door that is very desirable in today’s world
- A no rust stainless steel chamber that is easy to clean
- Heavy duty recessed casters making them easy to move into place and install
- LED light showing ready for use, in use, partial full, and full compactor conditions
- Light, medium, and heavy cube weight selector switch
- Programmable inclination sensor that captures the % of fullness in any setting
- An adjustable photoeye sensor to detect approaching patrons at a desired distance
- An adjustable number of door openings to trigger compaction cycle
- A two-piece portable wheeled waste cube with convenient pull strap
- Insite wireless monitoring of compactors
- SmartPacks are safe and easy to operate, meeting or exceeding OSHA or ANSI Z245.5 safety standards
SmartPacks will also provide the City of Lanesboro several benefits for their staff, residents, and guests, including:
- Save 75% on trash related tasks
- Save 30% on existing trash liner usage (One compacted bag of trash from a SmartPack replaces 10-12 regular 25 gallon bags of trash)
- Ease of installation, maintenance, and cleaning
- Safe/simple/quiet operation
- Reduces waste disposal costs
- Improves overall appearance
- Reduces ability for insects to hover around receptacle
- Provides unlimited marketing and branding potential
Next Generation Of SmartPacks
This next generation of SmartPacks takes trash management to a whole new level!
With their electric drive compaction system, these machines have an incredible 10:1 compaction ratio, fast 9 second cycle time, and operate at an amazingly quiet 15 decibels. They also have NEMA 4 rated enclosures to protect against the weather.
With their Insite wireless monitoring system, city staff receives SMS text or email messages notifying them when the compactors are nearly full, full and locked out, need servicing or do not have power. This eliminates the need to check on the compactors at frequent intervals, allowing staff time for other, more important tasks.
These SmartPacks have a modern look and are wrapped in a clear coat race car vinyl with Lanesboro school and city colors, with the city logo on it. There is a QR code that allows visitors to quickly look up city information on their smartphones. These branding elements and wrap can be changed to meet seasonal needs or city updates.
Mayor Jason Resseman talked about the excitement of having the compactors by stating, “The City of Lanesboro was looking for an innovative way to address refuse collection, and we didn’t need to look far. We reached out to Harmony Enterprises in our neighboring town for assistance. Harmony Enterprises has a long standing reputation for providing numerous solutions for waste management.”
“The City of Lanesboro was looking for an innovative way to address refuse collection, and we didn’t need to look far. We reached out to Harmony Enterprises in our neighboring town for assistance. Harmony Enterprises has a long standing reputation for providing numerous solutions for waste management.”
-Jason Resseman, Mayor, City of Lanesboro, MN
He continued on by saying, “We look forward to employing these compactors, and we’re excited to promote their innovative products to our community and the thousands of people who visit Lanesboro.”
Contact Us About SmartPack Today!
Whether you are in the market for an indoor or outdoor automatic compactor, we can help! Let us know more about your business and the type of waste you generate, and we can make recommendations on the most affordable way to help you save time, space, and money in your operations.
Call Harmony today at (507) 886-6666 or fill out this simple form to learn more!