Manufacturing Week in Minnesota
MN Manufacturing Week was established as a way to recognize the economic importance of this business sector within our communities and schools. The week coincides with the National Manufacturing Day, which falls on the first Friday of every October. This year, MN Manufacturing Week is Monday, October 2nd through Friday, October 6th.
To celebrate manufacturing week, Harmony Enterprises is teaming up with Bluff Country Career Navigators and high schools throughout southeast Minnesota to offer plant tours and career exploration opportunities to both students and local community members interested in what we do and potential job offerings at Harmony. These tours will take place later in the month of October.
What Will You Do To Celebrate Manufacturing In Your Community?
We are excited to offer students the chance to learn about manufacturing and the environmentally sustainable waste and recycling equipment we make at Harmony.
What will you do to celebrate manufacturing in your community? Here are three easy things you can do this year!
1. Learn something about a local manufacturer and share their story. It’s proven that manufacturers provide benefits to the local economy in which they are located. Learning about them and sharing their positive story is good for everyone. You can also learn about Harmony’s own amazing story and how we started as a way to provide employment outside of agriculture manufacturing bikini cane chairs, tents, and camper accessories. Our products have changed over time with market demand, but our core focus has always been career, community, culture, and company!
2. Learn more about manufacturing in the United States. Here are 18 facts about manufacturing from the National Association of Manufacturers:
- Manufacturers contributed $2.38 trillion to the U.S. economy.
- For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.82 is added.
- The majority of manufacturing firms in the U.S. are quite small.
- There are 12.82 million manufacturing workers in the United States.
- Manufacturing workers in the United States earned $84,832 annually.
- 92% of manufacturing employees were eligible for health insurance.
- Manufacturers have experienced tremendous growth.
- Over the next decade, 4.6 million manufacturing jobs will likely be needed.
- Over the past 28 years, U.S.-manufactured goods exports have quadrupled.
- Manufactured goods exports have grown substantially.
- Manufacturers export nearly half of U.S. manufacturing output.
- World trade in manufactured goods has more than doubled.
- Manufacturing in the US would be the eighth-largest economy in the world.
- Foreign direct investment in U.S. manufacturing exceeded $1.6 trillion.
- Affiliates of foreign multinational enterprises employed nearly 2.5 million.
- Manufacturers perform 64 percent of all private-sector R&D.
- Manufacturers consume more than 30 percent of the nation’s energy.
- The cost of federal regulations falls on manufacturers.
3. Consider A Career In Manufacturing! Whether you, or someone you know is looking into a career, consider manufacturing. You can help yourself and others by learning about all of the benefits of a career in manufacturing. You can also see what types of job postings your local manufactures have and share them on social media or by word-of-mouth.
Harmony Enterprises consistently updates our career opportunities on our careers page. We are currently hiring welders, haulers and installers, and onsite or remote service technicians. We offer competitive wages, industry leading benefits, flexible scheduling, and a positive work culture. Apply online today!
Harmony Thanks You!
Whether you are an employee, customer, vendor, or community member, we thank you for helping us to be one of the top manufacturers in Minnesota. We will continue to improve our products, processes, and people so that we can all make the earth a more sustainable place for generations to come. If you would like to contact us, please fill out this simple form, or call us at (507) 886-6666 today!